Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
wshyang
macrumors newbie

Help needed with bindfs, bind mounts, and more

Hi all!

A long time ago before the security sandbox in OS X came about, I used to create symlinks to point my Document directories to subdirectories within my Dropbox/Google Drive store.

Since that doesn't work now, talk on the street is to use bind mounts instead, and it mostly works for me except for Microsoft Office 2011.

Somehow, when I try to save to a file via the bind mounted mount point, I always end up getting a "Cannot save or create this file" error like this:

My mount point has the correct read and write permissions as well as ownership, so what else should I check?

Advice from other Mac users who experienced it before greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 10.11.30 AM.png
Views:	320
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	379515  
wshyang is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store