Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Anyone know a fix to this? Not sure what could be causing it... it's just kind of annoying having to go and manually reset the date and time every time my laptop dies

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
No disrespect nor insubordination intended, but the best solution to your problem is to not let your laptop battery die.

I do believe that it came with a charging cable etc. Proper and timely use of this equipment (such as when you are asleep) will prevent the battery from dying. Problem solved. :D

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
No disrespect nor insubordination intended, but the best solution to your problem is to not let your laptop battery die.

I do believe that it came with a charging cable etc. Proper and timely use of this equipment (such as when you are asleep) will prevent the battery from dying. Problem solved. :D

Batteries die sometimes. It happens. But when the main battery dies, the computer shouldn't forget the date and time, that is the symptom of a bigger problem.

This is normal.

No, it's not. The computer shouldn't forget the date and time just because the battery died. As a couple of other posters have stated, it sounds like the OP has a bad PRAM battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.