Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:17 PM   #1
aloshka
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Wait for iMac or MP 3.33

I'm torn between waiting for the maxed out imac at the end of December or January or just jumping on the current Mac Pro 6-core 3.33. And need some advice.

I need the machine ASAP and have already gone windows and hated it. I even tried a hackintosh, so I will not go down that route again. I came from MacBook Pro retina and absolutely need more space, better IO and at least 32gb of RAM. Please don't suggest buying a 4-core and upgrading as I don't want to build my own or fiddle with that crap ever again which is why I just want to buy something boxed and easy to upgrade. It also helps with resale value when it's original and still under warranty.

I need something ASAP, so waiting for the next Mac Pro is out (although I might eventually sell and get it). Waiting for the iMac is already pushing my work back as far as I can. If its more than a month, my decision will be made for me (Mac pro).

With iMAC I would buy a 1tb Thunderbolt raid 0 ssd or I already have 2 480gb ssd's for the Mac Pro if I go that route. The iMac would be maxed out and with the mem (owc) 32gb, and LaCie 1tb dual ssd tb drive.

So anyone who knows both and can guess benchmarks, please suggest.
__________________
nMP 6-core 32GB / 1TB SSD | Dual 27" TB | iPad rMini | 5S 64GB ColorWare Yellow/Black
aloshka is offline   0 Reply With Quote

 
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wait... Why Do I Want an iMac Again? One Still Sheep iMac 68 Oct 19, 2012 06:39 AM
Can't wait for the new iMac? There is HP for that! aziatiklover iMac 53 Sep 12, 2012 12:44 AM
Should I buy iMac 2012 or wait for the Retina iMac? chocolateschips iMac 17 Aug 27, 2012 09:02 AM
Wait for iMac update? Get base iMac now? MBPr? joeysarks Buying Tips and Advice 1 Jul 2, 2012 11:25 PM
why do you wait for the new iMac? LaCobra iMac 47 Jun 23, 2012 06:44 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC