Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Says the guy who has 3000 posts on this forum.

How does my activity in a forum have anything to do with what I just said? :confused: Like you, I have (well, HAD) a lot of free time at work. Show me one of my posts of "why I think iOS [or insert other OS here] is better" and I will eat crow. I'd say 80% of my posts are directly related to iOS features and or helping others with iOS features. The other 20% worthless banter (like what we are doing here).

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
List has been updated with about 20 more apps.

And 99% of those apps are junk or games for little kids. There are now more apps in the Play Store than the App Store. By default that means there are more Android only apps, than iOS only apps. Doesn't mean any of them are good or that anyone cares enough to make a list.

You for some odd reason thinks a list of ios only apps means something. Hint; it doesn't.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
This is only an issue depending on the games you like to play.

I don't game as much as I use to but I'm still a gamer, and iOS mangles android in selection and quality. It's like trying to compare a Playstation to a 3DO

gaming_soul_calibur_ios_screen_5.jpg

ff1928fc6d22005121140ffeeedc24ab.jpg

5431_crop_600x300_marvel-vs-capcom-2-ryu-vs-wolverine-5.jpg

Infinity_Blade_2_110210.jpg

punchQuest2.jpg

resident-evil-4.jpg

2304864-bastion_ipad_01_super.jpeg

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
A list full of helpful widgets (weather, news/social feeds, quick bookmark launchers), alternative and better keyboard entry methods and experiences, alternative browsers (that can be made stock), launchers that give an even greater range of creative and customizable controls, toggle widgets... you know, useful apps... will beat the largest list of exclusive game apps any day.

: shrug : That's just me.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
This is only an issue depending on the games you like to play.

I don't game as much as I use to but I'm still a gamer, and iOS mangles android in selection and quality. It's like trying to compare a Playstation to a 3DO

Only good game I see here is RE. Is that RE: 4? Kinda looks like it could be a shot from 2 as well. This is one of the franchise games that make people stay with Sony. Are you saying this game is legally for sale in the app store? I find it hard to believe Sony would allow that.

I am not really sure why anyone thinks Infinity Blade would be considered a good game? It is nothing more than timed and pre-recorded moves. I played the crap out of Dragons Lair back in the 80's because that kind of game and graphics was cutting edge then. Infinity Blade equates to a yawn factor of 9 in today's gaming world.

Street Fighter and Marvel/CAPCOM are nearly 2 decade old franchises and are portef to Android in original code. Biggest difference between iOS and Android playing these type of games; I can enjoy them with a wireless PS3 controller on a 50" TV. You get to tap on a screen in frustration, which makes me chuckle thinking about iDevice users frantically tapping on a screen, hoping they tap on the right spot.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Only good game I see here is RE. Is that RE: 4? Kinda looks like it could be a shot from 2 as well. This is one of the franchise games that make people stay with Sony. Are you saying this game is legally for sale in the app store? I find it hard to believe Sony would allow that.

I am not really sure why anyone thinks Infinity Blade would be considered a good game? It is nothing more than timed and pre-recorded moves. I played the crap out of Dragons Lair back in the 80's because that kind of game and graphics was cutting edge then. Infinity Blade equates to a yawn factor of 9 in today's gaming world.

Street Fighter and Marvel/CAPCOM are nearly 2 decade old franchises and are portef to Android in original code. Biggest difference between iOS and Android playing these type of games; I can enjoy them with a wireless PS3 controller on a 50" TV. You get to tap on a screen in frustration, which makes me chuckle thinking about iDevice users frantically tapping on a screen, hoping they tap on the right spot.

Resident evil is not a sony exclusive plus is a capcom franchise.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I guess I am getting to old. There is only a small handful of games on iOS that can keep me interested for more then 30 minutes before I never touch it again. All of those are available on Android.

The thing that kills iOS gaming for me is the lack of controller support. Games like dead trigger are infinitely more fun when you aren't using on screen controllers. The same with emulators which by their very nature weren't designed for on screen controls. Also games like Doom which have been ported to Android. These kind of games using a controller be it wired ps3 or Bluetooth wii controller (works well with Nintendo and SNES games) can keep me interested for long lengths of time.

I finally was able to beat Zelda for the first time on an Android tablet.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Nor is Infinity Blade, "nothing more than timed and pre-recorded moves" but I draw more humor from reading foolishness than correcting it.

Well then, you should draw tons of humor from your fellow iDevice owners saying the same thing. The game is a boring, repetitve set of recorded moves. But I am sure you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1349079/

----------

Resident evil is not a sony exclusive plus is a capcom franchise.

Haven't played it in a while, but I remember it being exclusive to Sony Playstation. Are you saying that Resident Evil is legally available for download in the App Store? I ask this again, since the answer has been avoided thus far.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Well then, you should draw tons of humor from your fellow iDevice owners saying the same thing. The game is a boring, repetitve set of recorded moves. But I am sure you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1349079/

----------

Haven't played it in a while, but I remember it being exclusive to Sony Playstation. Are you saying that Resident Evil is legally available for download in the App Store? I ask this again, since the answer has been avoided thus far.

The play mechanics of Infinity Blade and Dragon's lair have nothing in common, which is what you suggested and you are wrong.

Dragon's lair is a quick time event game with full motion video.

Infinity Blade is an "on the rails" action adventure game where everything is rendered in real time.

Zero in common.

And to answer your question:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/resident-evil-mercenaries-vs/id414416245?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/resident-evil-4/id322523436?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/resident-evil-degeneration/id308842091?mt=8

iOS has had a real Capcom Resident Evil game since 2009 in fact.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
If I wanted to play 20 year old games that werent designed to be used with a touchscreen, with the wrong aspect ratio, I could download Cydia and have all the emulators I want.

What do you do if you want to play Infinity Blade 2, or plug in a guitar and use an amp modeler?

Come on now you have to admit, having emulators on the phone without having to jailbreak, or root is pretty awesome.

If I want to play Infinity Blade 2, or plug in a guitar I don't have, I go and grab my iPad. :p

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006

It has not been a playstation exclusive for a long long long time.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
It has not been a playstation exclusive for a long long long time.

Cool. Good to know. I guess CAPCOM signed a deal with Apple, since I don't see any of their games in the play store?

----------

The play mechanics of Infinity Blade and Dragon's lair have nothing in common, which is what you suggested and you are wrong.

Dragon's lair is a quick time event game with full motion video.

Infinity Blade is an "on the rails" action adventure game where everything is rendered in real time.

Zero in common.

If that helps you sleep at night, keep looking at it that way. I bought it for my ipad2 when it came out. First thing that came to mind was dragons lair. IB was a complete waste of money. Any game that should use a controller is a waste on ios.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Come on now you have to admit, having emulators on the phone without having to jailbreak, or root is pretty awesome.

If I want to play Infinity Blade 2, or plug in a guitar I don't have, I go and grab my iPad. :p
I agree. I don't even want to play those games on my iPhone. The only games I would play on my iPhone since I got an iPad were simple games that were at home on the small screen (e.g., word games).

Now that I have a larger screen on my phone (Nexus 4) I am starting to expand the kind of games I will play on my phone.

But my iPad still rules on games. That said I think Infinity Blade 2 is repetitive, and don't like being on rails. I don't even have it installed anymore.

Michael

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Dont if you guys like card based games but Magic: the gathering is pretty cool on the ipad, is it available on android also ? Too lazy to check myself :(

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
It's come down to games... That's what iOS devotees are arguing for. Exclusive games. Take that to mean what you will.

I've always said, the list of advantages iOS has over the competition has grown short and narrower year by year, whilst the list of advantages the competition is gaining is growing ever more vast.

This is what happens when one updates and improves at breakneck speeds, unafraid of fragmentation, while the other intentionally updates slowly, and incrementally; it's a slow game that's bound to catch up to you.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I agree. I don't even want to play those games on my iPhone. The only games I would play on my iPhone since I got an iPad were simple games that were at home on the small screen (e.g., word games).

Now that I have a larger screen on my phone (Nexus 4) I am starting to expand the kind of games I will play on my phone.

But my iPad still rules on games. That said I think Infinity Blade 2 is repetitive, and don't like being on rails. I don't even have it installed anymore.

Michael
Infinity Blade 1, and 2 were awesome at first because of the graphics. However, I do agree it's become repetitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.