Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1
stanw
macrumors 6502

Plugging a scanner into an Airport Extreme or Express?

I am going to plug an HP printer into a an Airport Extreme or Airport Express so I can print over the network. Is there someway that I could also plug a scanner into the Extreme or Express so that I can scan an image without the scanner being plugged into a Mac/PC?

Thanks.
stanw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:32 PM   #2
jahala
macrumors regular

I believe it varies from printer to printer, but I have an Epson all-in-one and can use the scanner when I connect via ethernet to my switch. I can scan to any of my Macs without any problem or physical connection.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:02 PM   #3
matspekkie
macrumors member

scanning airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw View Post
I am going to plug an HP printer into a an Airport Extreme or Airport Express so I can print over the network. Is there someway that I could also plug a scanner into the Extreme or Express so that I can scan an image without the scanner being plugged into a Mac/PC?
Thanks.
This won't work if you connect usb to Airport. Only printing usb to airport is supported. Scanning this way is not possible at all. You can do this with multifunctionals that can scan over network or AirPrint models.
matspekkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking