Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
It's a beautiful day today got 4 brand new Apple Lightning cables, just for being at the right place at the right time. The Apple store was sold out I guess and I was about to order a couple when the manager said hey your in here all the time you know what he went in the back and handed me these and said your really appreciated enjoy. Needless to say I was very happy ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353870101.847287.jpg

Last edited:

Aug 5, 2012
It's a beautiful day today got 4 brand new Apple Lightning cables, just for being at the right place at the right time. The Apple store here in StL in the Galleria sold out I guess and I was about to order a couple when the manager said hey your in here all the time you know what he went in the back and handed me these and said your really appreciated enjoy. Needless to say I was very happy View attachment 379607

Wow i cant believe you actually listed the actual store!

You repay their kindness by outing the manager?!

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
not trying to get someone fired was showing admiration is all. had no negative intent I appreciated the gesture

Aug 5, 2012
not trying to get someone fired was showing admiration is all. had no negative intent I appreciated the gesture

Positive or negative intent doesnt matter... This manager is now easily located. I assume Apple doesnt have a policy of giving 4 cables away free to a customer who was going to buy one. You could have cost him his job.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Positive or negative intent doesnt matter... This manager is now easily located. I assume Apple doesnt have a policy of giving 4 cables away free to a customer who was going to buy one. You could have cost him his job.

In some circumstances, I bet they do.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
well I don't know Apples policies at all but I know he did what he did and I'm grateful hopefully it doesn't cost him his job I still appreciate the gesture

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
Nope.
Just goodwill. It's happened to me and I've heard along with read of it happening with others.

My example is having to take my iMac 27" into a Genius appointment as the screen flickered.
Although the employee helping me couldn't replicate the issue he was able to run a diagnostic and see it had happened.

He suggested a replacement even though I was well past any warranty (no Apple care) instead of a fix. When he returned from the back of the store he brought me an upgrade model as they were out of the one I brought in.

He stood next to a manager who signed off on this exchange.

Now, more specific to the OP's thread, when I purchased my iMac I honestly, and as it turned out, incorrectly thought it came with a Magic mouse along with a wireless tracking pad. Turns out it is one or the other.
Without missing a beat the salesman offered me both without me asking.

I rarely have issues with Apple products but when I do I have been greeted with kindness and true assistance and, as the example above demonstrates along with the example the OP stated, sometimes the service is over and beyond what is expected.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
that's good to know I in no way thought about placing a mans job in jeopardy by making this post, I was just shocked and thankful I've purchased many an item from that store over the years and know a few employees by first name basis.

All I can say is I'm sorry if someone loses there job over this I sincerely hope not.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Who needs 3 Lightning cables anyway?

It's funny. You hope someone doesn't lose their job over this but you keep the OP up regardless. You shouldn't have put the store name / location...

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
that's good to know I in no way thought about placing a mans job in jeopardy by making this post, I was just shocked and thankful I've purchased many an item from that store over the years and know a few employees by first name basis.

All I can say is I'm sorry if someone loses there job over this I sincerely hope not.

You can edit your post and delete the store location if it makes you feel better.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Each Apple store has multiple managers. Macrumors is not so important that the higher ups are reading this thread and shaking down the multiple managers to find this one. Don't flatter yourself on this.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
You can edit your post and delete the store location if it makes you feel better.

there you go post edited hopefully everyone can calm down and no one loses there job over this, this was not my intention at all will be more careful next time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.