Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:53 PM   #126
BRyken
macrumors 6502

Looking forward to iTunes 11. I think its going to be a much need change for the UI in iTunes.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:38 AM   #127
jontech
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust76 View Post
The market for skilled German to English translation is huge in Germany for exactly this reason.

Part of the problem is that so many Germans speak perfectly functional business English, so they think they don't need any help, but little things like random capitalisation and German grammer creep into English texts.

My wife (a native German and fluent English speaker) will never have problems finding people in need of translations

----------

I have a high-powered gaming laptop with a quad core processor, 12 GB of RAM and a fast SSD. Windows 8 boots in 10 seconds, iTunes takes longer than that to start. I don't see iTunes' poor performance on Windows as a sign that Windows is bad, just a sign that Apple programmers are either incompetent or so petty and vindictive that they're not willing to put any effort into other platforms. That's not exactly a convincing argument to swtich.
The problem is actually related to Windows search. iTunes for the Mac integrates into Finder which is super fast and fluid. Windows search, even on Windows 8 and a fast machine is clunky

With applications relying so much on underlying technologies and other applications and with Windows 3rd party DLL's the experience will not be the same for Windows users. The opposite can be said of Microsoft Office on Mac in an Exchange environment. Very different experiences, as Windows users get the better of it.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:07 AM   #128
iHacker0390
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
It's a G4. Time to move on.
Nope.
iHacker0390 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:11 AM   #129
GizmoDVD
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHacker0390 View Post
Nope.
Yes. So say's Apple, so say's everyone else. Technology moves fast. You are generations behind.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion