Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I've seen threads for the new iPads, but I thought I'd post this so people can see how a year and a half old iPad 2 battery fares. This was primarily web browsing, Zinio, Pulse Reader, and iBooks; some YouTube playback and a two or so hours of playing Lost Winds 2. I fluctuate between 50% and 100% screen brightness.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.PNG
    IMG_0059.PNG
    157.2 KB · Views: 228

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
I've seen threads for the new iPads, but I thought I'd post this so people can see how a year and a half old iPad 2 battery fares. This was primarily web browsing, Zinio, Pulse Reader, and iBooks; some YouTube playback and a two or so hours of playing Lost Winds 2. I fluctuate between 50% and 100% screen brightness.

Fascinating. Except you've had it plugged in since your last full charge, so who knows what your actual battery life is.

Clint

kleistra

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
Achems Razor.

What agenda could I possibly have which would benefit from saying my iPad 2 still has good battery life?

People sometimes do weird stuff in order to gain attention. But who says it's an agenda? Maybe you forgot you had it plugged in.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
People sometimes do weird stuff in order to gain attention. But who says it's an agenda? Maybe you forgot you had it plugged in.

Since it was time to calibrate my battery I specifically left it unplugged to see how it would do.

Your focusing on whether it was plugged in is giving me more attention that had you not. Just saying.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Since it was time to calibrate my battery I specifically left it unplugged to see how it would do.

Your focusing on whether it was plugged in is giving me more attention that had you not. Just saying.

Well we don't know because it might be the fact you charge it when it was down to 10%. Not saying you did, but that's what it looks like.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well we don't know because it might be the fact you charge it when it was down to 10%. Not saying you did, but that's what it looks like.

Which would accomplish what?

I'm not saying the iPad 2 is better or worse than other ipads because it's logical to assume that they all will have equally long lasting batteries.

I'm not saying iPads are better or worse than other tablets because I haven't posted other device battery times after a year and a half.

I'm not even advocating people buy year and a half old iPad 2s. All I'm saying is that older iPad batteries still hold a very good charge.

Last edited:

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
iPad 2,4 meaning the 32 nm version of the iPad 2?

My 18 month old iPad two (45 nm) still has amazing battery life. Don't have a screenshot, but it's so good I hardly even think about it.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My iPad 2 battery is still pretty darn good.

I get about 14-15 hours of usage and about 3-4 days of standby time depending on what I'm using it for. I've seen very little if any decrease in over 19 almost 20 months. Definitely cannot complain.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I find the iPad 2 vs. 4 is every bit as good in the battery life department in terms of emails, surfing, twitter, facebook, etc. When I start gaming or using graphic intensive apps the 4 easily outshines by a fair bit. My iPad 2 gets impressive battery life but when I pull up the usage screen it's never accurate to report the time since last full charge. That device specifically never has reported it properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.