Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hodakaracer96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Ok my GF has been complaining about her older vehicle not having BlueTooth calling and does not have AUX inputs, ect. I know she would love it if I could find a stereo with BT audio and calling capabilities. Christmas present that I can install and surprise her with :) I actually ordered this stereo from amazon yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KVLB9E/ref=ox_ya_os_product

But after reading some comments on amazon, they are saying it does not pair with the iPhone 5! I am going to cancel the order, its pointless if it doesn't work with her phone, can anyone recommend an aftermarket car receiver that does infact work with iPhone 5 BT?

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Ok my GF has been complaining about her older vehicle not having BlueTooth calling and does not have AUX inputs, ect. I know she would love it if I could find a stereo with BT audio and calling capabilities. Christmas present that I can install and surprise her with :) I actually ordered this stereo from amazon yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KVLB9E/ref=ox_ya_os_product

But after reading some comments on amazon, they are saying it does not pair with the iPhone 5! I am going to cancel the order, its pointless if it doesn't work with her phone, can anyone recommend an aftermarket car receiver that does infact work with iPhone 5 BT?

The one comment I saw that says it wont pair someone else commented on saying it pairs fine with the 5. There should be no reason it doesnt pair with the 5. The original unit is probably fine.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
thanks man! I was hoping for a double din one, but that looks pretty good.

It works really good...you can use siri, music, Iheartradio,pandora, basiclly any app over BT or USB and still has AUX on it... got it for around $70 at best buy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.