Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:07 AM   #1
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Advertisements in Purchased Episodes????

Am I the only one here who is outraged at advertisements in episodes I purchase? The reason why I pay $2.99 per episode or $30+ per season on Apple TV is so that I'm not forced to waste my life watching advertisements.

Now, episodes that I've recently purchased (starting this month) have a good 30+ seconds of network advertisements, and 30+ seconds after the episode.

Doesn't this defeat the whole point of paying for the episode?! Anyone else seeing this or feeling this?

Episodes in question: the latest family guy episodes, latest American Horror Story episodes, etc.

?! What is going on?
BigMcGuire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:42 AM   #2
JAT
In Time-Out

Skippable?
JAT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 AM   #3
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Just to be clear, these aren't product ads are they? There is another thread with a guy moaning about this.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 AM   #4
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Just to be clear, these aren't product ads are they? There is another thread with a guy moaning about this.
They're ads for other shows on the network (for example Fox Network spending 30 seconds advertising American Dad, Cleveland Show, etc before watching a Family Guy episode).

I don't pay for advertisements. One reason why I liked Apple TV, Netflix in the beginning. Moaning about people wasting my time is a valid "moan" imo.

Edit: Maybe I'm a douche for complaining about advertisements in paid products. If so I'll shut up. Just curious if there were others out there with similar feelings.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:50 AM   #5
saotomefirst
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
They're ads for other shows on the network (for example Fox Network spending 30 seconds advertising American Dad, Cleveland Show, etc before watching a Family Guy episode).

I don't pay for advertisements. One reason why I liked Apple TV, Netflix in the beginning. Moaning about people wasting my time is a valid "moan" imo.

Edit: Maybe I'm a douche for complaining about advertisements in paid products. If so I'll shut up. Just curious if there were others out there with similar feelings.
There are, BigMcGuire. In fact, in another threat we discussed the very possibility of ads in purchased shows. While that conversation lead to some very interesting results, we eventually found out that simply warning Apple of this makes them remove the ads - you may have to redownload your shows a few days later, since the ads are probably recorded with the file.

So, if you are interested in reading what's been discussed so far, go in this post. It's a bit long but I think it's worth it.
saotomefirst is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:52 AM   #6
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by saotomefirst View Post
There are, BigMcGuire. In fact, in another threat we discussed the very possibility of ads in purchased shows. While that conversation lead to some very interesting results, we eventually found out that simply warning Apple of this makes them remove the ads - you may have to redownload your shows a few days later, since the ads are probably recorded with the file.

So, if you are interested in reading what's been discussed so far, go in this post. It's a bit long but I think it's worth it.
Thank you. I am not alone in the univer... lol
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:16 PM   #7
JAT
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
I completely agree. I go out of my way to avoid ads in any products.
JAT is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater