Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
True, but if you're someone like me thats constantly moves his phone, I hate it when the USB disconnects from the car charger. Plugging it back in is a pain in the ass in my car.

from what i can gather based on Griffin & Belkin's iPhone 5 lighting car chargers... Apple's new stringent guidelines for Lightning accessories must call for it being a non-removable cable, since most of their other options have been removable.

that said, i bought one (i'd bought the Griffin coiled cable one last week for 30% off too) simply because i hate having a white cable in a black/grey interior.

----------

Wow, Zagg website is getting totally hammered under the load today. Very unresponsive. Maybe they're running it on a single G4 Mac mini? :rolleyes:

yep. unusable here

BodyGuardz.

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Midwest USA
Is there an option for rear skin only that I'm missing? I see the combo of front/rear for iPads (mine is a 4th gen), but I generally don't use a front protector.

Good discounts!

Unfortunately that option is just available for the iPad and iPhone. Sorry about that! But at $12.48 for two complete full body clear skin sets, that's hard to beat. Thanks for your interest in our products. Let us know if you have any more questions!

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Picked up 2TB Time Capsule from BB

I've had my eye on the Apple Airport Extreme for a while and almost pulled the trigger on Black Friday when they had it for $159.

The Bestbuy deal now for the Refurbished 2TB Time Capsule for $179 is an awesome deal. Apple's own Refurb store shows it at $259! I had $30 in Rewards Certificates and that took the final price to $159 including tax. Plus I get $8 in rewards back using Shopdiscover.com with my Discover card. And finally, by being a BB Rewards member, I got quadruple points good for another $10 back in BB certificates. So $159-$8-$10=$141. I'm a happy camper!:D

Let's hope that BB's refurb products are of good quality like Apple's own refurbs. There's only 1 review on BB's site but it is a 5 Star rating. Only time will tell.

shatch

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Seattle, Washington
My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.

This appears to be a 10W charger. Not sure if they are all the same but It looks to also charge the iPad 4 as well.

http://www.belkin.com/us/F8J075-Bel...SST/WSSTCRG:devicePath:/Device/IPHONE/IPHONE5

Anyone have this yet?

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I've had my eye on the Apple Airport Extreme for a while and almost pulled the trigger on Black Friday when they had it for $159.

The Bestbuy deal now for the Refurbished 2TB Time Capsule for $179 is an awesome deal. Apple's own Refurb store shows it at $259! I had $30 in Rewards Certificates and that took the final price to $159 including tax. Plus I get $8 in rewards back using Shopdiscover.com with my Discover card. And finally, by being a BB Rewards member, I got quadruple points good for another $10 back in BB certificates. So $159-$8-$10=$141. I'm a happy camper!:D

Let's hope that BB's refurb products are of good quality like Apple's own refurbs. There's only 1 review on BB's site but it is a 5 Star rating. Only time will tell.

Does anyone know if these refurbed TC's from BB are covered under the AppleCare for your Mac? I will def pick one up if it is covered with my MBAir AC.

Last edited:

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Does anyone know if these refurbed TC's from BB are covered under the AppleCare for you're Mac? I will def pick one up if it is covered with my MBAir AC.

That's a good question. I have 45 days to return it if it is no good. They didn't specify anything in terms of warranty on the product page.

UPDATE:

Here is the exact wording from BB's product page:

Disclaimer of Warranties. ALTHOUGH THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY, THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

My guess is that you take your chances. I will see when I get it. If it even hiccups, I will be back at the store to ask for a refund. The return policy is 30 days but 45 for Silver Reward Members, which I am.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
True, but if you're someone like me thats constantly moves his phone, I hate it when the USB disconnects from the car charger. Plugging it back in is a pain in the ass in my car.

True that.

The lightning side of things is awesome though, don't even have to look at my phone any more to plug it in. Wish usb worked like this.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
RE: BB 15% off $100 iTunes card....glad I snatched up a bunch Friday when they were 20% off $100 cards. Bought 15 of them! There was a 5 card per transaction limit but worth 3 "transactions". Nice presents they will be.

Last edited:

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
i bought a 23 inch LG IPS computer monitor last year from frys for like 200 or so, its a great monitor and i am happy with it but its no where near the quality of the cinema display?

so does the cinema display have some sort of processing chip in it or something?

No special processing that I'm aware of. In fact the panel in the Thunderbolt display / Cinema display / iMac 27" is made by LG. It may just be a higher-grade IPS panel seeing how it's only used in monitors that cost around $1,000.

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
That Refurb 2T Time Capsule from Best Buy looks like a great deal. No warranty though, only a 30 day return...

Yes. So I will try it out and see when it gets here. Since it has been out for only a few months, I would think Apple would service it/replace it should it die within a few months.

macgames

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
Shouldn't you be tagged as VENDOR?
I don't really know. Other vendors such as macgamestore.com and developers (Aspyr-Blair for example) don't have vendor or developer to their profile, just macrumors newbie like me. It's not something I noticed when signing up to macrumors forums as an option. I make no secret of the fact I do represent macgames.co.uk, and use the macrumors forum to help customers, and to let people know about new games and deals that could really benefit them. If you know how I could become recognised as a vendor in the forum, that would be great for me, so feel free to point me in the right direction! :)

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
Oh boy, a whole whopping $10 off the Mac Mini at MacMall and Amazon!!! Yippee!!! (and NOTHING from Apple or Best Buy) :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a real incentive to buy a MacMini as a new server, alright. Screw Apple for being tight wads (and darn stinking rich tight wads at that!). They should have just had a set % off ALL their hardware, not pushing some crap over others.

dsc888

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Yes. So I will try it out and see when it gets here. Since it has been out for only a few months, I would think Apple would service it/replace it should it die within a few months.

OK. Looks like BB is SOLD OUT of the Time Capsules at this point!:( No surprise here at such a great price. Good luck to all who got one. I'll be sure to report back should I have issues.

davidinva

macrumors 6502a
My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.

Agree. Bought a Belkin with the coiled cord and returned it and for one with the regular, detachable cord. Had to up the power to charge my iPad in the car.

JSadler

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Nashville
RE: BB 15% off $100 iTunes card....glad I snatched up a bunch Friday when they were 20% off $100 cards. Bought 15 of them! There was a 5 card per transaction limit but worth 3 "transactions". Nice presents they will be.

Glad I'm not the only one who gives gift cards as presents. I picked up 10 myself.

BlueberryMac

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Zagg is getting totally hammered

I finally got the page to load up, and the ordering went okay until I tried to click the buy button and then it gets stuck on the authorization page load thing... guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to see if my order went through (and hopefully only once!).

BRyken

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
I just haven't been impressed with any cyber monday deals. Plus they seem to not just be today, a go through the next few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.