Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1
EyeAmLuv
macrumors newbie

Question HandBrake -- Subtitle and Audio Tracks Labeled Incorrectly

I recognized a few movies with incorrectly labeled subtitle and audio tracks.

Two examples:

My copy of "Miracolo a Milano" doesn't have an English audio track -- it's Italian language only.

My copy of "Bringing Up Baby" doesn't have an English subtitle track -- it's German, apparently.

It's probably due to carelessness during the DVD production process. Is there a way to fix those labels in HandBrake or elsewhere in order for them to show the correct language?
EyeAmLuv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2
EyeAmLuv
macrumors newbie

Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 8.24.53 PM.png
Views:	19
Size:	722.1 KB
ID:	379812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 8.27.43 PM.png
Views:	15
Size:	535.6 KB
ID:	379813  
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:55 PM   #3
dynaflash
macrumors 68020

Yes, many dvd's are mastered poorly. On mac you can use subler to change the subtitle language, its written by ritsuka who is a long time HB dev that wrote subler to add functionality that HB does not have, imo a most excellent tool. In fact in HB I have all of my finished encodes passed right off to subler for further post processing.
dynaflash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:42 PM   #4
EyeAmLuv
macrumors newbie

Thanks. Subler definitely seems like a useful tool, however, I'm using iDentify as it better serves my needs and preferences. Can I have subler to fix the labels subsequently, like, now that the files are in my library already, or will they be at risk of getting messed up? What I don't want any app to do is to re-write the movie files, like MetaX does. That's totally uncool and unnecessary. I want to leave them untouched, apart from the one task itself. Apple should really work on iTunes' tagging abilities!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater