Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
My two;

Start up and shut down times seem really long compared to what one typically experiences with Macs.

Geekbench scores between Mountain Lion, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are very close. The thing that bothers me is that ML seems so unresponsive compared to either Windows version. On Windows I click an icon and the app jumps into operation. Doing the same in ML results in the icon bouncing a few times, then the app opens at a slower pace.

The slow Mac response is the same whether on my MBP, MP or mini all of which have ML and Windows as well as Photoshop, Office, VLC, DPP and Hanbrake for both OSs.

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
I just hope that with that "graphics driver" part they meant fixing the damn lag on 15 rmbp.
Probably that would be impossible. I have a rMPBP, it is a dream machine but anyway with that super high resolution, lag could occasionally show especially in demanding apps.

BRyken

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
Any devs care to comment on their findings. Especially related the the mac mini display issues?

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
man, I wish 10.8.3 for rMBP 13 would come out already

This...I guess everybody else will receive 10.8.3 and we are still stuck on 10.8.1...it is getting ridiculous...I'm ready to return my new 13" rMBP. Apple essentially prevents me from using their own productivity apps.

Last edited:

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
My two;

Start up and shut down times seem really long compared to what one typically experiences with Macs.

Geekbench scores between Mountain Lion, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are very close. The thing that bothers me is that ML seems so unresponsive compared to either Windows version. On Windows I click an icon and the app jumps into operation. Doing the same in ML results in the icon bouncing a few times, then the app opens at a slower pace.

The slow Mac response is the same whether on my MBP, MP or mini all of which have ML and Windows as well as Photoshop, Office, VLC, DPP and Hanbrake for both OSs.

I agree it can be quite slow to open some Mac apps compared to Windows. An SSD of some sort is needed. On a modern MacBook Air things are next to instant in OS X. But i guess that means these things are even quicker in Windows (haven't tried Windows 7 or 8 on a computer with an SSD drive).

dixido

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Please fix the 5 second long freeze that occurs when waking up from sleep!

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
For the love of GOD let me close my laptop and have it turn into a single-display computer when it's plugged into my Thunderbolt display.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I've been using VLC, and it has the same linen background, is there somewhere to turn it off or something?

K, I found the "enable native fullscreen" option, unchecked it, and the linen still shows up. :/

I assure you, there is no linen while using VLC's fullscreen option.

For the love of GOD let me close my laptop and have it turn into a single-display computer when it's plugged into my Thunderbolt display.
I can do this with HDMI, I'm pretty sure it can be done with thunderbolt.

pedrotaquelim

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2008
Lisbon, Portugal
What's with all the "Please, fix this, and that..."?
Do you think Apple is reading this?
Email Apple directly.

I feel like I'm reading Santa Claus letters to North Pole. :)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Nothing earth shattering to report. Ran a few system tests, examined app's mentioned in change-log, seems small fixes thus far.

On another note, "Game Center" on OS X just needs to go.

Thalesian

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
This...I guess everybody else will receive 10.8.3 and we are still stuck on 10.8.1...it is getting ridiculous...I'm ready to return my new 13" rMBP. Apple essentially prevents me from using their own productivity apps.

I am running 10.8.3 on a rMBP 13' - I was pretty determined to install 10.8.2 earlier, and decided to upgrade to 10.8.3. to give it a try. (Almost) Every time I put the computer on sleep there is a bizarre issue where the Safari window and dock become completely transparent - except for text.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
New AMD Drivers

As predicted by Netkas, 10.8.3 contains working drivers for a whole new generation of AMD cards.

AMD 7xxx cards now work.

AN interesting development.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.