Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
I've already ruled out Omnifocus and have narrowed my productivity app search down to 2Do vs. Things. I've been using both (free trials) on the Mac for the past week and am leaning towards Things. I plan to buy the Mac, iPad & iPhone apps so this will be an investment for me and something I want to use for the long haul.

I can't find any quality reviews that are very recent. I'm wondering what others have experienced. I've heard that 2Do has a better support group and seems to be really applying themselves to growing 2Do while Things has taken its time with updates.

melva

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
Omnifocus Does it for me

I also very recently evaluated the GTD genre of apps and decided on Omnifocus. I however only use the iPad and iPhone versions which are syncing quite well. (That helps me free up my desktop to do the projects that the mobile apps are reminding me of.)

After using OMNI for about two weeks now I have no regrets and see no significant shortfalls. I was initially skeptical of Omni based on the price compared to the majority of mobile apps but realize that if it reduces my store stress and replaces the numerous list apps that don't do the trick even in combination - that its money well spent.

I'm curios what made you rule it out.

Gala

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
I'm curios what made you rule it out.

I ruled it out because while using all 3 I found that Omni seemed too busy for me. I was trying to talk myself into it for weeks but i feel I don't need that much when it comes to categorizing items. I own my own office and do the billing for it. I can always put something off until the next day so due dates are always flexible. What I'm looking for is a system where I can make tasks for home and the office. I need the ability to tag tasks under insurance carrier so i can keep track of denials but also have a good note taking option so I can keep track of where I am with each denial and then check them off when I get payment.

Things has each tag at the top of the task list and I've been able to quickly switch between insurance carrier which makes it nice and easy to ask all my questions at once when I call up to go over denials. 2Do needed a little more clicks to get me to the same goal. Omni focus was even more.

Yata-Hey

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
Seems to me

Having used all three apps - I like 2do the best.

2Do (Guided Ways Technologies Ltd) as a company seems to get things done better than OF or Things does and they seem to be more responsive and roll out features fairly frequently and respond to issues and requests very quickly.
Currently Things and 2Do for Mac have relative feature parity - but Things for Mac has been around for 5 years and 2Do for Mac for 2 weeks (you can do the math).

Omni has been around for years and seem to plod along methodically and sometimes glacially ;). They have many products and many users so they are comfortable working at their own pace :cool:. Things seems to work at a little quicker pace but don't communicate nearly as well :confused:. Guided Ways on the other hand seems to be hungrier :D or at least it seems that way to me!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.