Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I like the white ones better, mainly because they're different from what we could get until a couple of years ago. They're also easier to see in a clump of sheets or clothes compared to black. I don't mind black since that's what my iPad 3 is. But I would've preferred white.

If a chick doesn't like you because of the color on your phone, you really don't want to be around her anyway.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Black people prefer white apple devices and white people prefer black apple devices in my experiences.

j.benj

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
38 year old guy here. I have four white iOS devices (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 3). My girlfriend has a white iPad 2 and a black iPhone 4S. I think the white/silver look is classy and I don't care if anyone thinks I'm fruity LOL

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
No. I think the white devices esp. the new design on the Mini and iPhone 5 is really beautiful and is not too feminine.

DonnieZ

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
White, straight, married man with a white iPhone 5, and a former white iPad 2 owner. I almost bought a white iPad 4 with LTE, but they only had black which made my choice easier.

If you like black, buy black. If you like white, buy white.

Who cares what others think? It's your money.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
I am baffled by a 29 year old asking this honestly.

Hope you do not take offense but I must say, this is a ridiculous question IMHO because color has nothing to do with gender whatsoever.

So you're suggesting I go for the pink shirt? J/k lol.

Dust is less likely to be noticed on white r/t black.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Prefer white but I love the slate back so I have:

Black iPhone 5
Black iPad mini
White iPad 4

I took the last white iPhone 5 for my wife (at the local rogers) and some dude was pissed and refused to get a black iPhone because he just had to have the white. Now that's fruity.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Buy whatever floats your boat. If it bothers someone else, it's there issue. I personally prefer black, does that make me manly? :eek:

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Black people prefer white apple devices and white people prefer black apple devices in my experiences.

funny observation. To answer the OP, no I don't think white is feminine. If anything I think of more artsy guys w white iPads or Venice beach crowd vs Orange county. More apple and hip.

Black is for more business types or someone who just wants classic looking techie device.

I'm thinking about exchanging the black for the white ipad mini. I have the black iphone 5 so I wanted the ipad to match my phone. Not sure yet.

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
I have a white 4S but a black mini and a black iPad 4. I would say that the white iPhone looks classy but when it comes to an iPad then yes it does look a bit girly, probably because most of my female friends choose to have white iPads, but by no means is this the case in reality, I think.

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
Black just looks so outdated and drab, and always dirty. The white and silver looks clean, modern, classy.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
If you think a white tablet is enough to damage your masculinity then you've got bigger problems to worry about than the device color itself.

cfs112

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Well, there it is! ^^^

Absollutely true!

No real, manly man would ever have a white iPad. Or a white iPhone. Or even a white shirt!

Only a wimpy man, of questionable...er...tendencies would even consider a white iPad!

Real men, manly men, men with machismo would only select black. White is so, so, well...what more can be said. A man with a white iPad would lose all his manly men friends, as they would not wish to be associated with a man with a white iPad. Others might think them...ah...light in the loafers, too.

I hope I hasve made clear this issue and settled, once and for all, the dangers or any man using a white iPad.

Too even consider it is...well...suspect!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hilarious! I hope no one took this literally ahahahaha!

Btw, I have the white iPad mini, and I am the manliest of all men, like the Old Spice man, or like the "Dos Equis most interesting man in the world"... sorry to disprove your theory :D

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
my problem with the white ipad is the chrome surrounding

That's just what makes me buy white.

I just prefer the classy stylish look of my white iPhone 5 and iPad Mini over the black anodised look.

I've never ever thought about white being not masculine or too feminine. Honestly, I also don't care. ;).

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
18 year old guy here, I have a black mini and black iPhone 5, but I love the look of the white iPhone 5. I purchased a white iphone 5 for my girlfriend last week and she loves both colors. I find girls more attractive with a white iPhone

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
A serious question OP, good call!

Call a spade a spade!!

US Navy Seal Black Ops' Attack Team 5 Special Weapons Expert Here With 15Years Take Out Experience With Extreme Prejudice and Maximum Force.

Black for Real Men.

White for girls and gays.

Look At My Photo ID Black Black Black!

Delta 9 Over and Out.

seal-26.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.