Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
exactly! that's what is so annoying... they're releasing OS updates in a more regular and timely way... this is becoming quite embarrassing...

i'm really asking myself what the big issues are..what are they still fixing? it's just itunes. besides that..they said october..so it could've been the 1st of october and now it's almost 2 months delay..it's not like they have just one developer....

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
i'm really asking myself what the big issues are..what are they still fixing? it's just itunes. besides that..they said october..so it could've been the 1st of october and now it's almost 2 months delay..it's not like they have just one developer....

when apple finally releases iTunes 11 after all these delays, if it still has any major or obvious bugs, that's when officially I'll start losing trust in Apple... and that's saying something! after 5 years of complete trust, they're starting to lose it. and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
when apple finally releases iTunes 11 after all these delays, if it still has any major or obvious bugs, that's when officially I'll start losing trust in Apple... and that's saying something! after 5 years of complete trust, they're starting to lose it. and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this.

include me on this!
totally my opinion!

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i think this thread is gonna have a melt down if friday comes and goes and still nothing.. some people will at least, those that have waited 2 months for nothing.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004

It's one month late at most (as far as we can tell, at this point). That's nothing in software development... Also, I'm pretty sure iTunes wasn't delayed in order to polish it up to perfection, but because it simply wasn't ready in October. Meaning it'll be just as imperfect as any other Apple software release we've ever seen, when it finally comes out – despite the "long" waiting period.

The mistake they've made (in my opinion) is to announce it so early. There was no need for that.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island

Yeah, because no Apple software has ever been delayed, then had some bugs that needed to be worked out. Every major release will have some noticeable bugs that the developer couldn't predict.

Apple's programmers cannot account for every single possible bug ever, especially in a major overhaul like iTunes 11. If they could, we wouldn't need bug fixes. They will do their best, and fix the bugs they come across.

It's unreasonable to expect ANY developer to have a x.0 release with no noticeable bugs.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, because no Apple software has ever been delayed, then had some bugs that needed to be worked out. Every major release will have some noticeable bugs that the developer couldn't predict.

Apple's programmers cannot account for every single possible bug ever, especially in a major overhaul like iTunes 11. If they could, we wouldn't need bug fixes. They will do their best, and fix the bugs they come across.

It's unreasonable to expect ANY developer to have a x.0 release with no noticeable bugs.

Apple shouldn't have announced it if it wasn't ready instead of having 2 months of delays and having that stupid "coming in october" then "coming in november" banner

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Apple shouldn't have announced it if it wasn't ready instead of having 2 months of delays and having that stupid "coming in october" then "coming in november" banner

Where are people getting that "2 months" figure from? Didn't they originally say 'late October'? Well, now it's late November, a 1 month delay as far as I can se..

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island

That's not at all the point I was trying to make. And as tkermit says, it's only been a month delay since they announced it for October.

It's obvious there were some unforeseen issues with meeting the release date. There's nothing we can do about it. Yes, I want iTunes 11 to come out soon as well, but it's a waste of energy to get so upset over the fact it's not out yet. The current version still works, and in the scheme of things, a delayed app is trivial.

It will get here when it gets here. Chances are, it will be in the next few days.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Where are people getting that "2 months" figure from? Didn't they originally say 'late October'? Well, now it's late November, a 1 month delay as far as I can se..

never said "late" october, just by the end of october which mean anytime from october 1-31, that way they give themselves the entire month, then they said the same thing with November, now here we are at the final days

and for the iMac, it's just listed as "November" not late or end, and there are only 3 days left after today

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
It's obvious there were some unforeseen issues with meeting the release date. There's nothing we can do about it. Yes, I want iTunes 11 to come out soon as well, but it's a waste of energy to get so upset over the fact it's not out yet. The current version still works, and in the scheme of things, a delayed app is trivial.

It will get here when it gets here. Chances are, it will be in the next few days.

I'm hoping the delay involves perfecting a Metro (for what of a better word) version. Unfortunately I think it is more likely that they won't even make a version for Windows :(.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
never said "late" october

Eddy Cue said so when they presented iTunes 11 for the first time as part of the Apple Special Event in September.

Eddy Cue said:
The new iTunes will be available in late October.

Ars Technica said:
Remember that "late October" time frame for the newly made-over iTunes? Make that late November, according to Apple spokesperson Tom Neumayr.
[source]

simonk83

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
Yes, I want iTunes 11 to come out soon as well, but it's a waste of energy to get so upset over the fact it's not out yet. The current version still works, and in the scheme of things, a delayed app is trivial.

Exactly. Sheesh guys, relax. It's just iTunes... who cares. It'll be just as annoying and feature free as the current version I assume :)

I also want it to come out in the hope that it's actually brought up to date (in this day and age how the hell does it not monitor your music drive and auto update when new files are added?), but I doubt it'll be anything too exciting.

Chill, it'll arrive when it arrives.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i thought apple said it would be out "before the end of november" ? in that case it could be nov. 30th and still be on time.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
if they do change it to "coming in december" are we going to see the same pattern as before where they will say by end of december?! :eek: :confused:

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
if they do change it to "coming in december" are we going to see the same pattern as before where they will say by end of december?! :eek: :confused:

probably

even worse for me then iTunes 11 is if they do it with the iMac, I need a new desktop and they simply haven't had any desktop for sale for the last 1 month.

Tim Cook era

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i dont get why they wait till the last day of the month to delay it :mad:

october 31st - announce delay
november 30th - announce delay ???
december 31st - announce delay ???

and so on and so on...

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Exactly. Sheesh guys, relax. It's just iTunes... who cares. It'll be just as annoying and feature free as the current version I assume :)

I also want it to come out in the hope that it's actually brought up to date (in this day and age how the hell does it not monitor your music drive and auto update when new files are added?), but I doubt it'll be anything too exciting.

Chill, it'll arrive when it arrives.

Chill, they added 'Automatically Add to iTunes' 3 years ago.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3832

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
That's not even remotely close to good enough. iTunes knows where my music folder is (because you tell it), it should be smart enough to keep an eye on that folder and keep itself up to date when new music is added.

Very, very basic stuff.

"Good enough" is subjective, and I imagine 97.8% of the world doesn't have your issue or concern (made up statistic based on wild speculation). I buy all my content from iTunes so I don't want the system resources constantly scanning 4,088 pre-existing folders in my iTunes Media folder for new content, as it would be a waste.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
“The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right. We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November

there are the exact words from the spokesperson. we got till november 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.