Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1351
ck2875
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post

we got till november 30th.
This leaves us only 21 days to play with it before the end of the world. Unless the Mayans decide to delay that as well.
ck2875 is offline   9
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1352
simonk83
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck2875 View Post
"Good enough" is subjective, and I imagine 97.8% of the world doesn't have your issue or concern
I'll adjust that made up statistic in my favour I imagine there are plenty of people out there that prefer control over their own music (I'll keep it where I like thanks, and no I don't want you to organise my music folder for me ).

Regardless, it doesn't matter. They clearly don't think it's important so it's probably just time for me to move to something that does a better job (for me).

EDIT: Looks like MediaMonkey is the go. Bye

Last edited by simonk83; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
simonk83 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:14 PM   #1353
SamGabbay
macrumors 6502

Post of the night award goes to...

Quote:
This leaves us only 21 days to play with it before the end of the world. Unless the Mayans decide to delay that as well.
SamGabbay is offline   2
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1354
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
"Good enough" is subjective, and I imagine 97.8% of the world doesn't have your issue or concern (made up statistic based on wild speculation). I buy all my content from iTunes so I don't want the system resources constantly scanning 4,088 pre-existing folders in my iTunes Media folder for new content, as it would be a waste.
why should it scan folders? why are you too lazy to click file/import to add songs yourself?

----------

k guys, with the itunes gift cards coming out and tomorrow the imacs come out...timing *seems* right
Lvivske is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1355
MartiNZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
We might just forgive Apple if the delay enables iTunes 11 to put off the end of the world....
MartiNZ is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 PM   #1356
BlackMangoTree
macrumors 6502a

[/COLOR]

He's trolling. Constantly.[/QUOTE]

Yet been 100% correct.
BlackMangoTree is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:58 PM   #1357
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMangoTree View Post

Yet been 100% correct.
Still waiting to see those tweets...
Reaktor5 is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1358
blinkin182
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
Exactly. Sheesh guys, relax. It's just iTunes... who cares. It'll be just as annoying and feature free as the current version I assume

I also want it to come out in the hope that it's actually brought up to date (in this day and age how the hell does it not monitor your music drive and auto update when new files are added?), but I doubt it'll be anything too exciting.

Chill, it'll arrive when it arrives.
It's kinda funny when people get all upset because it doesn't come out when it's expected.

I am excited about the new iTunes, but I also figure I should temper my excitement because there probably won't be that many "magical" new features that will make me feel like Apple "re-invented" the media player/manager...

However, I'd been nicely surprised if I end up using the new features!

iOS Remote app needs an update too
One thing that would absolutely need to come with the new iTunes is an updated Remote app for iOS to make use of the new "What's up next" feature. It should be easier to manage the playlist from your iOS device.

Last edited by blinkin182; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Too many "!" I guess I am excited...
blinkin182 is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:54 AM   #1359
towg
macrumors regular

Its funny because if it had been released on time it wouldnt have generated even half as much interest as it has now

Noone would have given a sh@t...
towg is offline   2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:59 AM   #1360
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin182 View Post
It's kinda funny when people get all upset because it doesn't come out when it's expected.

I am excited about the new iTunes, but I also figure I should temper my excitement because there probably won't be that many "magical" new features that will make me feel like Apple "re-invented" the media player/manager!

However, I'd been nicely surprised if I end up using the new features!

iOS Remote app needs an update too
One thing that would absolutely need to come with the new iTunes is an updated Remote app for iOS to make use of the new "What's up next" feature. It should be easier to manage the playlist from your iOS device!
On that Remote app.. Also think they should update the media controls to match the look of the iPhone's (silver volume bar, etc.)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:35 AM   #1361
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020

If iTunes 11 launched last month...

...people would be bitching about the bugs that Apple hadn't worked out yet. I keep reading all of these comments about how it's ridiculous and pathetic of Apple to delay it like they have. Really though, people will complain either way. I too am stoked about the release but I think people need to realize that Apple isn't holding back for their own pleasure, they have their reasons.
iBreatheApple is offline   3
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:48 AM   #1362
colshine
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreatheApple View Post
...people would be bitching about the bugs that Apple hadn't worked out yet. I keep reading all of these comments about how it's ridiculous and pathetic of Apple to delay it like they have. Really though, people will complain either way. I too am stoked about the release but I think people need to realize that Apple isn't holding back for their own pleasure, they have their reasons.
Whenever it comes out people will find something to moan about.
colshine is offline   2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:54 AM   #1363
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by colshine View Post
Whenever it comes out people will find something to moan about.
Already happening...

-> The disaster called iTunes 11
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:08 AM   #1364
KeithJenner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
I imagine there are plenty of people out there that prefer control over their own music (I'll keep it where I like thanks, and no I don't want you to organise my music folder for me ).
I'd agree that there are plenty of people who want control over where their music is stored. I'm one of them.

That's why I told iTunes that I don't want it to organise my folders for me. As a result, I have control over where my music is stored.
KeithJenner is online now   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:37 AM   #1365
iBreatheApple
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithJenner View Post
I'd agree that there are plenty of people who want control over where their music is stored. I'm one of them.

That's why I told iTunes that I don't want it to organise my folders for me. As a result, I have control over where my music is stored.
I couldn't imagine my digital media library life without iTunes organizing my folders for me! I don't care where it's stored as long as it's organized. I absolutely love this feature.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:04 AM   #1366
KeithJenner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreatheApple View Post
I couldn't imagine my digital media library life without iTunes organizing my folders for me! I don't care where it's stored as long as it's organized. I absolutely love this feature.
Yes, I agree in theory, as long as you can fit it all onto one HDD.

If not then you need to control it yourself.

EDIT: Actually, I think the way that iTunes does it is very good. I tell iTunes not to organise my library, but if I do put anything into the "Automatically add it iTunes" directory then it will organise them into the main iTunes folder. That way, I have the choice as to whether I want iTunes to interfere with the files or not. Very handy.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1367
Vandefilm
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithJenner View Post

I also told iTunes. Hell, I even screamed at the screen, but it wouldn't listen .
Vandefilm is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:15 AM   #1368
KeithJenner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandefilm View Post
I also told iTunes. Hell, I even screamed at the screen, but it wouldn't listen .
But did you use the secret sign?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:18 AM   #1369
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum213 View Post
probably

even worse for me then iTunes 11 is if they do it with the iMac, I need a new desktop and they simply haven't had any desktop for sale for the last 1 month.

Tim Cook era
Apple store has no iMacs? Amazon? Online apple refurb section? Macmall? NOWHERE has iMacs? Or are you just waiting for the new one? If you need a desktop then go buy one, don't blame your desire to have the newest model on Tim Cook. You'll get the iMac when they release it, which at the moment appears to be on time.
cmChimera is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:33 AM   #1370
Gubbz
macrumors member

I like the way iTunes organises and leave it to do it's thing... Currently, I've got a 2Tb external HD that stores all my media, then I use the internal 1TB for everything else (games/apps/etc)... I'm looking at moving to Australia soon, so I'll probably up my media HD to 3TB, give myself a little more breathing space
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1371
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

so apple just announced the new iMacs are coming this friday.. where is the announcement that iTunes11 has been delayed to december?!

Last edited by mattburley7; Nov 27, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
mattburley7 is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:57 AM   #1372
unigolyn
macrumors member

Quote:
so apple just announced the new iMacs are coming this friday.. where is the announcement that iTunes11 has been delayed to december?!
Coming November 30th.

I'm about 95% sure they'll delay it again.

This is why you don't announce unfinished crap, Apple. Because unlike other developers, you don't actually want to release unfinished crap.

iPhone 4S
unigolyn is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:06 AM   #1373
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigolyn View Post
Coming November 30th.

I'm about 95% sure they'll delay it again.

This is why you don't announce unfinished crap, Apple. Because unlike other developers, you don't actually want to release unfinished crap.
and they are keeping quiet about it too like what happened in october it has to be delayed again.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:14 AM   #1374
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
and they are keeping quiet about it too like what happened in october it has to be delayed again.
Im sure its coming out wednesday (tomorrow), apple are always silent about software releases.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:19 AM   #1375
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUADock View Post
Im sure its coming out wednesday (tomorrow), apple are always silent about software releases.
this is a major update though.. they were not silent about mountain lion and that was major release also?!

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
ios 6, ios6, itunes