Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
installing on a 2012 mbp 13" with mountain lion, only one hard drive partitioined correctly, instll goes fine and restarts a couple of times then on the last restart it just hangs on the black screen with the blinking line and whenever i try to boot to windows i just get the same black screen.
ive searched high and low and cant find any help.
anyone got any advice?

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
installing on a 2012 mbp 13" with mountain lion, only one hard drive partitioined correctly, instll goes fine and restarts a couple of times then on the last restart it just hangs on the black screen with the blinking line and whenever i try to boot to windows i just get the same black screen.
ive searched high and low and cant find any help.
anyone got any advice?

I only have a Mac mini but what version of Windows are you trying to install? Bootcamp 4 (Lion / Mountain Lion) is not yet supporting Windows 8.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
must have been a problem with the iso, im now typing this from within my windows 7 boot after starting over and redoing my usb stick. god it feels wrong, but at the same time its an exceptionally smooth experience. best machine ive ever used windows on lol

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
funny that - they have tested same CPU environments and the Apple actually runs windows (slightly) faster....

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
its all about drivers and attention to details. theres an odd irony that windows runs better on a mac, and office works better on osx...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.