Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:59 PM   #1151
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
My black one November 7th, still hasn't shipped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pap View Post
My order went through on November 9th.
[QUOTE=archrider;16376413]My silver was ordered 11/5/2012. No tracking yet.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Same boat black. Ordered on 11/5. No shipment yet
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:08 PM   #1152
Swayzee
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
If a nickel edition comes out I may have to buy it. I just feel it will be a long wait.
WOW.. wouldn't that mean you would have 3?.. I have the white ip5 and have the silver and i really like the way it flows. I also have the silver aluminum spigen button. Personally i love everything about the case and that i have yet to see anyone else who has one besides the people on this forum.
Swayzee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:30 PM   #1153
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Looking at the finish of the black ops edition in the pictures it looks like it may actually be different then the regular black edition, more matte color and not satiny like the say the regular one is.
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 PM   #1154
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayzee View Post
WOW.. wouldn't that mean you would have 3?.. I have the white ip5 and have the silver and i really like the way it flows. I also have the silver aluminum spigen button. Personally i love everything about the case and that i have yet to see anyone else who has one besides the people on this forum.
I've been concerned about the white phone with silver because of the negative revues. Hearing that you like it gives me hope. I generally like a color that says metal, not plastic. That's why I was hopeful about silver. As far as ordering Three, I'm a bit of a nut about finding the perfect (in my opinion) Case. Typically one that doesn't look or feel cheap in keeping with the phone itself. It also has to let the phone show while protecting it. I'm not rich but my priorities go to good design, usually in tech gadgets.

I'll probably end up with two. I'll find a way to sell one or not get chrome.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:40 PM   #1155
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayzee View Post
I liked your phone with the silver case and white with spigen aluminum button if you're the one that posted the photos of it, looked really good.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:27 PM   #1156
icemanzzz
macrumors member

I am a fan of the previous design. Dont know why, but the sector looks bulky. Especially on the edges.
icemanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:38 AM   #1157
fskywalker
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Looking at the finish of the black ops edition in the pictures it looks like it may actually be different then the regular black edition, more matte color and not satiny like the say the regular one is.
I also think the color of the black ops is not plain black, but rather more matte. Reminds me the look of my old "extreme metals" AR15-V case (s/n 00673 c) which still own but stop using on my old Iphone 4 due to the signal loss (later upgraded to a blue COMP case, used on the Iphone 4 and 4S)

Last edited by fskywalker; Nov 28, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
fskywalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:20 AM   #1158
BoomstickMafia
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Does anyone have a sector 5 case and an evolution dock? Just asking to see if it fits with out any issues. Thanks
If you meant elevation dock, I'm told, yes, it does fit.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...96&postcount=6
BoomstickMafia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 AM   #1159
jasonbaum
macrumors regular

Quick question:

For those whose fingers resemble fat sausages, how difficult is it to manipulate the ringer mute toggle?
jasonbaum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:04 AM   #1160
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbaum View Post
Quick question:

For those whose fingers resemble fat sausages, how difficult is it to manipulate the ringer mute toggle?
Not difficult, I can get my fatties in there.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:16 AM   #1161
Pap
macrumors newbie

Got It!

Here is the silver version. I went with black rash guards for now. Its a well made case and I am happy for the few minutes I have had it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Pap is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1162
Roadking
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomstickMafia View Post
If you meant elevation dock, I'm told, yes, it does fit.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...96&postcount=6
I did mean elevation. Thank you. I have heard there is a problem with the lightning cable not staying seated in the dock and pulling through when removing the phone. Apparently the screw holding the cable isn't tight enough. Guess I need to wait until they work all the bugs out.
Roadking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:21 PM   #1163
archrider
macrumors 6502a

I just received my shipped email with tracking number. Shipped 11/28/2012 9:56:00 AM. I ordered 11/5/2012 via Fedex ground. Since I live in California I might receive my silver sector 5 arrive by Friday.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1164
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pap View Post
Here is the silver version. I went with black rash guards for now. Its a well made case and I am happy for the few minutes I have had it.

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
Looks good on white.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1165
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
I just received my shipped email with tracking number. Shipped 11/28/2012 9:56:00 AM. I ordered 11/5/2012 via Fedex ground. Since I live in California I might receive my silver sector 5 arrive by Friday.
3 days to ship in state?? Does FedEx use donkeys to ship ha, mine still hasn't shipped ordered the 7th with a 26 ship date
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1166
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
3 days to ship in state?? Does FedEx use donkeys to ship ha, mine still hasn't shipped ordered the 7th with a 26 ship date
I was just being conservative in my estimate.

But yes they use donkeys.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:15 PM   #1167
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
I was just being conservative in my estimate.

But yes they use donkeys.
Oh I thought they gave you a delivery date with your tracking number ha, Elements shipping is extremely overpriced
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1168
MarcRRT
macrumors member

Quote:
Oh I thought they gave you a delivery date with your tracking number ha, Elements shipping is extremely overpriced
This. Ground was $12. I went ahead and paid $8 more to get it overnight.
MarcRRT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1169
zeeflyboy
macrumors regular

Their international shipping is even more if it makes you feel better lol.

Mine was part of the 26th batch but still says processing... Hopefully it'll ship soon.

I've got my toast walnut back, which is awesome, and sticker boy extreme fit wraps all ready and waiting.
zeeflyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:04 PM   #1170
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcRRT View Post
This. Ground was $12. I went ahead and paid $8 more to get it overnight.
USPS first class package up to 5 pounds 2-4 days is 3 dollars, priority mail 2-3 days up to 70 pounds is 5 dollars their just fleecing people
swervinsuburban is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:07 PM   #1171
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular

wOOT, just got notification that they processed for shipping. I should receive it by friday!!!paid 20$ for priority overnight, but live in hawaii so by noon of 3rd day so that would be friday!! can't wait.

now just waiting for the GLAS tR to come in. (mailed yesterday)
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1172
Anvil Image
macrumors member

Quote:
USPS first class package up to 5 pounds 2-4 days is 3 dollars, priority mail 2-3 days up to 70 pounds is 5 dollars their just fleecing people
Yea, but with unreliable or non-existent tracking info and poor protection in case my order gets lost or damaged. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay a little more for better shipping when I'm dropping that much for a case...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1173
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil Image View Post
Yea, but with unreliable or non-existent tracking info and poor protection in case my order gets lost or damaged. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay a little more for better shipping when I'm dropping that much for a case...
Both those services have included tracking I use them when I sell on eBay their really reliable and never damaged an item, but in reality FedEx ground costs around 6 dollars for an item that size.
swervinsuburban is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1174
Gray bishop
macrumors regular

Overnight shipping was worth it, case arrived at 10am via FedEx
there have been several photos recently of the white & silver so there's no real reason for me to post
but here's some anyway (lol)

Gray bishop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1175
Dexy
macrumors regular

I sent a PM to ElementCase about difference between Sector Black Ops vs SE Black

A:

The Sector 5 Black Ops is a Type 3 anodizing. That means that the coating is a little thicker and more abrasion resistant, but it's not really something that you'd be able to tell just by holding it. The Sector 5 SE is Type 2 anodizing. Since both are the matte Flux Finish, they look pretty much the same, but if they were not matte finish, you would probably be able to see more grain in the Type 2 SE finish than the Type 3 Black Ops.
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories