Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1
cableguy108
macrumors newbie

Duped at Best Buy...ATV2/3

I haven't posted here in a long time... I need a little help if you guys could...

I currently own a jailbroken ATV2, and I was looking to purchase an ATV3 to have for my upstairs tv. I went to Best Buy to purchase an ATV3, and found an open box one for $91, which I purchased. I got home and immediately hooked it up to my TV, and noticed that my plasma, (which is 1080p), said that it was outputting 720p. I looked under the settings, and noticed that it was in fact, an Apple TV 2.

The previous owner had bought a ATV3, and returned it with their ATV2 in the box. Their netflix account is still linked to it, their itunes is still linked to it, they didn't wipe it.

My problem is, do I return the ATV2? Bring it up to Best Buy? Or should I keep it, and jailbreak it? If ATV2's were still available, I would've purchased one of those due to the jailbreak capabilities. The only thing that worries me is that I now have a warranty for a ATV3, which I do not have, and if this ATV2 goes bad, I have no warranty and am unable to prove that it was BB's fault. Any thoughts? Thank you!
cableguy108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater