Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Hi everyone, new here.

I just have a quick question, how much do you think I could (should) sell my 4S for? I didnt buy it factory unlocked I bought it from AT&T but I am going to unlock it before I sell it. I just dont know where to start...Gazelle gave me an offer of 230 in Flawless condition, is that too low? Could I get more for it on ebay or something?

Its in PERFECT condition, not a nick, scratch, or scuff on it.

Savin up to buy to the 5 so I figured I would see how much I could get for this... :)

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

FallenRook

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Hi everyone, new here.

I just have a quick question, how much do you think I could (should) sell my 4S for? I didnt buy it factory unlocked I bought it from AT&T but I am going to unlock it before I sell it. I just dont know where to start...Gazelle gave me an offer of 230 in Flawless condition, is that too low? Could I get more for it on ebay or something?

Its in PERFECT condition, not a nick, scratch, or scuff on it.

Savin up to buy to the 5 so I figured I would see how much I could get for this... :)

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Go to eBay and search for your model and then select the completed listings only box.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I put mine up about a month ago and $400 was the highest offer I got (16gb white, perfect condition)

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Storage Capacity?

Keep in mind if you have the original box and accessories your resale value will be higher.

Also selling on eBay you have to minus 10% of the final sale for eBay fees.

I would check your local craigslist's ads to see what they are going for in your area, then post an ad around the same price range.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Go to eBay and search for your model and then select the completed listings only box.

Just did that, they seem to going for alot...

I put mine up about a month ago and $400 was the highest offer I got (16gb white, perfect condition)

I also have a 16gb, Did you list on ebay? What did you start your bid at?

Storage Capacity?

Keep in mind if you have the original box and accessories your resale value will be higher.

Also selling on eBay you have to minus 10% of the final sale for eBay fees.

I would check your local craigslist's ads to see what they are going for in your area, then post an ad around the same price range.

I do believe I have the original box but I'm not really sure where the headphones went... and its a 16gb

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I also have a 16gb, Did you list on ebay? What did you start your bid at?

I put it on Kijiji, not sure if they have it in the States (or wherever you're selling).

I set the price at $400, got a few lowballers, but one wanted to buy for $400. I think $350-$400 is doable. I didn't end up selling though lol although likely will mid December after my exams are done.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
Sold my locked to carrier iPhone 4S 16gb for $380 a bit over a month ago

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
In case u don't know, selling an iPhone in eBay attracts lots of (0) Zero transaction members and they will bid it up. Whether they end up paying is questionable.

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru
I sold my factory unlocked black iPhone (32GB) purchased by April 2012 in $690 USD in my country (Peru)
Good deal since I paid $850 por the i5 at best buy.

In case u don't know, selling an iPhone in eBay attracts lots of (0) Zero transaction members and they will bid it up. Whether they end up paying is questionable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.