Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that the new iMac will go on sale this Friday, November 30. The 21.5-inch model will see immediate availability through multiple distribution channels, while the 27-inch model will begin shipping in December.
The 21.5-inch iMac will be available through the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. The 27-inch iMac will be available for order through the Apple Online Store and will begin shipping in December.
2012_imacs_left_right-500x451.jpg
Apple resellers have been quoting receipt of shipments over the next few days, but official sales will not begin until Friday. Apple unveiled the redesigned iMac at its October 23 media event, announcing that the 21.5-inch models would ship in November with the 27-inch models following in December.

Article Link: New iMacs Go on Sale Friday, November 30

njooste

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Lol.. I mean, I know the 30th of November is still November but jeez Apple..

Anyway, I'm happy it's finally coming! Now lets start waiting some more for the 27"..

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
6 months ago I was going to buy a new iMac, whenever they came out.

At this point, given the redesign and likely un-servicable nature of the new design, I might as well wait for whatever they do to the Mac Pros...

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Now the long wait for the Mac Pro.

Yup. That's what I'm holding off for. After trying every variety of Mac over the years, I've finally determined that the MacPro is the one that suits my needs the best. So now that Apple has gotten the new iMac off its chest, let's see what the new year will bring for the one remaining un-updated Mac.

Diamond Dave

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Eleven hundred quid for a non-upgradable tablet on a stick with glass over the monitor.

Doesn't appeal in the slightest.

The same cash could have bought an upgradable tower back in the "Apple Computer" days.

And how could I pitch this to my Mum to replace her G3 CRT iMac when all she needs is something to run a web browser & an email client, and a 17" PC laptop is hundreds of Pounds cheaper?

Too expensive for the casual user, too appliance-like & limited for many professionals.

Sad times...

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Well, at least we'll be able to get a feeling soon for -

a) what exactly the bootcamp problem with 3TB Fusion Drives *is*.

and

b) How much upgrades will cost for the 27 inch.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
About time.. I'm not even going to complain about the way they stretched "coming in November" to the most extreme limit, I just want to order one - been waiting for the better part of 2012.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
So of course the big question is....

What time does Apple usually update their online store for preorders like this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.