Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unclejuicyjoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Buyers remorse ^^^

Why, can't someone think something of Apple isn't that "awesome" without being ostracized.

Did I tell you not to buy one?

I like having a built in CD drive, I rip music all the time. I like how the iMac I have now looks similar to the 27 inch Apple cinema sitting right next to it. I could go on and on. Plus it's the computer I needed at the time, not the computer I was hoping to buy or waiting to come out.

You think I should of gone almost 7 months without a desktop computer?

Plus, Apple paid for MOST of this machine, because they actually stand behind their products.

I'll see you in 2016 when I need a new iMac. Hopefully this design will go by the wayside. Because imo the new design looks dumb...

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Dreading the bold bit highlighted, A lot of people have been saying this to me, that these new iMacs are the ones that will only last a few years!! if thats the case i'll need to reconsider my options, I can;t throw money at something that will be dead in a few years.

I'll be paying for fusion drive and Applecare yes. but afteR A/C my heart could go lol. This would be the first iMac i would be looking to keep for a while once the Haswell ones release as I normally sell up on 2 years with A.C with it.

We will see, but not looking good.

And your talking advice from people that have no proof or experience with these new iMacs? Heck, nobody has any experience with these new iMacs to make such a bold statement. Go ahead and buy, don't allow outsiders to tell you something they know nothing about.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
It's obvious your trying to justify your 2011 purchase. But really, there's no need. It's a damn fine machine.

Not true, I was going to purchase this model, but lower HD speed same 512 of Vram means this is not for me, I can't blindly keep throwing money at Apple, Thats my moto, for some hey they can and good luck to them.

I prefer to be prudent and i do heavy work with the machine, NOt Facebook and twitter.

Edit: Also people use their computer from the front, you will see the thinness when you need to plug in the SD card which is now at the back of the machine, WhatApple does goes I suppose, Know one is allowed an opinion in here.

Last edited:

ifij775

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Boston, MA
Nice

That is a cool looking computer. I just perused Dell's site for comparison, and their option list seems to go on for pages. :eek:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I love how beautiful apple products are, however, I think they sacrificed power for the sake of thinness in this latest design. I would much rather see desktop-grade graphics rather than a uber-thin design. :(

So the thinner design prevented them using desktop grade graphics? I thought the thinner design was due to laminating the display and losing the optical drive.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
So they did lie, coming in Nov? No you can order in Nov to get it in Dec.

Also what about us in UK? No news on that, and when will they release the BTO prices, they must know now.

Diamond Dave

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
But they are in the exact sweet spot for maximum profits. That is the thing that matters most to Apple. If you want an el-cheapo computer, look elsewhere. If you are some sort of uber-geek wannabe, look elsewhere.

If you want the coolest computer thing that a regular person could dream for, with a slim form actor and an OS that is so easy even a cave man could use it, you get what you pay for.

But we shouldn't have to look elsewhere. That's the point. And in the Apple Computer days, we didn't have to.

The Mac Mini concept was great, but in execution Apple just couldn't help themselves with the feature-creep.

Dual Core i5? HDMI port? I.M.O. it should be half the price (£249) with Spartan features (Core 2 Duo or whatever), so that people with very limited budgets can get a modern(ish) Mac & use the Mac OS. People like my Mum.

And as for the top end... The Mac Pro is a totally overpriced, unbalanced system. Overkill on the processors & EEC RAM for the home user / prosumer / existing G3-G4-G5 tower user, yet no current connectivity or decent graphics cards etc. for the money's-no-object professional.

Exact sweet spot for profits no doubt. Sad times for discerning long-time Apple Computer users indeed...

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Why, can't someone think something of Apple isn't that "awesome" without being ostracized.

Did I tell you not to buy one?

I like having a built in CD drive, I rip music all the time. I like how the iMac I have now looks similar to the 27 inch Apple cinema sitting right next to it. I could go on and on. Plus it's the computer I needed at the time, not the computer I was hoping to buy or waiting to come out.

You think I should of gone almost 7 months without a desktop computer?

Plus, Apple paid for MOST of this machine, because they actually stand behind their products.

I'll see you in 2016 when I need a new iMac. Hopefully this design will go by the wayside. Because imo the new design looks dumb...

You rip music? From CD's? :p

This design isn't going anywhere for a long time pal. You're in the minority if you think a slim design with USB 3, less reflective screen, fusion, thunderbolt, etc is "dumb."

segovius

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Barcelona / Berlin
Lmfao why

I was going to buy one for my daughter who's 2 and a half but I couldn't wait so I got a maxed out MBP retina with a couple of TB Displays for her instead.

Kind of regretting it now they've released this but on the plus side my wife is six months pregnant with Sextuplets so I'll pre-order 6 of the top of the line 27s on Friday and they should arrive more or less the same time as the birth...

unclejuicyjoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
You rip music? From CD's? :p

This design isn't going anywhere for a long time pal. You're in the minority if you think a slim design with USB 3, less reflective screen, fusion, thunderbolt, etc is "dumb."

I said the design is dumb, what does that have to do with hardware?

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
Yeah - cause downloading an app is so complicated!

I think they just meant that it means iTunes 11 will be out by the time they arrive. Of course, I could have misinterpreted it and they could just be excited for not having to install it, in which case I concur with your statement.

D.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
Funeral Parlors Unhappy

This announcement made a lot funeral parlors unhappy. They were counting on the business from cliff jumpers. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.