Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 9, 2011, 06:36 PM   #1
kellen
macrumors 68020

Battery stuck in alum keyboard

Anyone experienced this? My 3 AA version of the aluminum bluetooth keyboard had a battery explode or leak. Got the first two out, now the third is stuck down there, deep down.

Tried using a little bit of baking soda to neutralize it, hoping it would dislodge it. No help.

Further it is the straight side of the battery that I see, not the button edge. I have been trying to grab with some surgical instruments, but there is nothing to grab a hold of.

Any ideas? I don't have a drill bit long enough to reach.

Anyone know how they come apart? I may just hacksaw the back and force it out. Beats buying a new keyboard and it will be just the back.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2
seandavid010
macrumors newbie

Before cutting anything, I'd try gluing the battery to some sort of probe. Maybe smear some quick-dry epoxy on the end of a dowel (or metal rod) and wait for it to cure, then just try to pull it straight out. Maybe try to (slowly and carefully) drill a small hole in the top of the battery, thread a screw into the hole and try pulling it out that way? Hope this helps.
seandavid010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:13 AM   #3
vkobejitsu
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandavid010 View Post
Before cutting anything, I'd try gluing the battery to some sort of probe. Maybe smear some quick-dry epoxy on the end of a dowel (or metal rod) and wait for it to cure, then just try to pull it straight out. Maybe try to (slowly and carefully) drill a small hole in the top of the battery, thread a screw into the hole and try pulling it out that way? Hope this helps.
Excellent tip. Just pulled out a battery yesterday by gluing some chopsticks to the battery and pulling it out.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
vkobejitsu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals