Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
I was looking over a picture thread about sorting movies & saw people have their Apple TV show up on the left side of their iTunes LINKY under DEVICES......HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
As far as I'm aware that only works with the first generation Apple TV. They required syncing of all the content from iTunes onto it's built in hard drive (and vice-versa), rather than all the iCloud streaming that is featured on the new second and third generation of devices which require no syncing at all.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I was looking over a picture thread about sorting movies & saw people have their Apple TV show up on the left side of their iTunes LINKY under DEVICES......HOW DO YOU DO THAT?
That's an old post. Newer aTV does not show up in iTunes.

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
As far as I'm aware that only works with the first generation Apple TV. They required syncing of all the content from iTunes onto it's built in hard drive (and vice-versa), rather than all the iCloud streaming that is featured on the new second and third generation of devices which require no syncing at all.

That's an old post. Newer aTV does not show up in iTunes.

Thanks guys!

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
As far as I'm aware that only works with the first generation Apple TV. They required syncing of all the content from iTunes onto it's built in hard drive (and vice-versa),

Actually ATV 1 can sync and / or wirelessly stream from your iTunes library. Though this is not he same as iCloud streaming. It will stream directly from your iTunes library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.