Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
jisaac
macrumors member

Thunderbolt Display / TB Dock

This past year I won the battle to switch away from my ThinkPad and got a MBP (15" late-2011 2.4GHz i7 with AMD 6770M and 8GB RAM). And finally gained approval to also purchase a new display for my office as I am sick of plugging in my network cable, power, USB hub, and two cables to my mini display port dual link every morning when I arrive to the office. Currently I am using two Phillips 240BW displays running a combined 3840 x 1200.

I would like to upgrade to the ThunderBolt Display and take advantage of the dock-like benefit of TB. I know there have been some issues here and there with the TBD but overall they look beautiful and it will be nice to have menus pop up on my screen not in-between the two as they do now.

Anyone have current/updated info on the TBD availability in the new format similar to the new iMacs? Having USB 3.0 would be a big benefit as my local storage drives are both 3.0 and I currently connect via 2.0. And since I know it will be a while until I can get more money approved, I would like to get newest version even if I need to wait a couple weeks.
jisaac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice