Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1
estevito
macrumors newbie

No disk showing on Snow Leopard install - early-2008 iMac

My roommate gave me her 2008 iMac because it wasn't working properly. Apple Store did diagnostics and said there were no hardware problems.

I borrowed a friend's copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and tried to restore the machine to factor settings. A prompt came up and said that the installation could not be completed and to contact my software provider.

I tried to install again from the DVD and now I keep getting the same problem. After I choose the language and agree to the terms I should be able to choose the destination to start the install, but the field is empty. No disk. No nothing.

Ideas?

Hopefully I'm being clear. I've read a lot of these forum questions and realize how difficult for a non-computer guy to clearly articulate a problem.
estevito is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac