Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:35 AM   #1
dba415
macrumors 6502

Remove Ugly delegates when syncing Google Calendar with Apple iCal on Mac

I have multiple calendars on Google Cal and it looks horrible when I use iCal on my Mac because of the dumb delegation folder.

Why can't they all just show up as calendars under one single Google account?

Is there any way to remove this?
dba415 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:28 AM   #2
pagaille
macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm not sure why, but using iCal 5.0.3 (Lion) it looks like things are changing : since two or three days sometimes all my calendars appears in the list instead of as delegates... I believe Google is working on it.

Matthieu
pagaille is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:48 AM   #3
jayes
macrumors member

I'm using ML - iCal 6.0 - and I'm having the same issues. Appointments made on a delegates calendar show up as duplicates. The same calendar that is listed on the side as a delegate also shows up under Google calendars. If I uncheck the calendar under Google calendar, the duplicate disappears. But the next time I open iCal, the duplicate is back, as is the check mark. This phenomenon is also causing duplicates in birthdays. I can't delete the duplicate.. it deletes them both. I don't recall this happening before.
Is this a Google issue for sure, or might a call to Apple support provide a possible solution?
jayes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:31 PM   #4
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

Something is definitely changing. I have two different Google Apps domains and one account from each and they are displaying calendars differently. Doesn't even seem consistent in a single account.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:07 PM   #5
jayes
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagaille View Post
Hi,

I'm not sure why, but using iCal 5.0.3 (Lion) it looks like things are changing : since two or three days sometimes all my calendars appears in the list instead of as delegates... I believe Google is working on it.

Matthieu
Yes, there is a long thread on Google productforums talking about this very issue. Duplicate entries, annoying repeat alarms et al. Google says they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. According to one poster who spoke with Google, the fix is to roll out today, but full deployment will take a few days. Here's hoping....
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:01 AM   #6
knux11
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayes View Post
Yes, there is a long thread on Google productforums talking about this very issue. Duplicate entries, annoying repeat alarms et al. Google says they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. According to one poster who spoke with Google, the fix is to roll out today, but full deployment will take a few days. Here's hoping....
happen to have a link to the google thread? this has been giving me major headaches recently. not to mention invites to my main calendar from nearly every entry on my other calendars. annoying to say the least......
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:24 AM   #7
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

I just checked and my iCal is back to normal again.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:57 AM   #8
jayes
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
happen to have a link to the google thread? this has been giving me major headaches recently. not to mention invites to my main calendar from nearly every entry on my other calendars. annoying to say the least......
This is the link to the discussion on the Google forum.

http://productforums.google.com/foru...t9Y/discussion

My calendar seems to be working this morning. I have not gotten any more annoying reminders either.

Edit: Well, maybe not so much. The delegate calendars still come and go under the Google heading, but the reminders have stopped - for now. I do only have one entry for each appointment so that is good.

Last edited by jayes; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store