Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
I tried one in the store, but for my surprise is different from the ones installed in the laptops, because I cannot click like in the macbook line.

Is this normal ? Or there is several (or old) versions of trackpad?

I what to buy one for my future mac mini but I don't want to buy the wrong one by mistake.

P.S. is this one http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC380LL/A/magic-trackpad?fnode=56 ?

And btw, how to you charger it? And how much times is the battery expected lifetime?

tks,
Bruno

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
There is only one Magic Trackpad, which is clickable like the trackpads built into the current mobile Macs.
Batteries can either be replaced with new ones or rechargeable ones.

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Tks for the quick answer.

that is awkward because the model in the store was not clickable. I need to go there check it again.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Tks for the quick answer.

that is awkward because the model in the store was not clickable. I need to go there check it again.

Personally... I choose to use "tap to click" instead of the mechanical click. Between "tap to click" and "3 finger drag"... I find that I do not need (or want) the mechanical click.

Still... it is clickable... just like the laptops (at least MBAs)... it is clickable toward the bottom edge (closest to you). It must be on a hard surface.

/Jim

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
The "click" is a little different on the Magic trackpad. The click sensor is on the bottom, on the edge closest to you. If you click up on the part with the battery, you might not get it to happen. Also, the click will only happen if you have the trackpad on a hard surface. I use tap-to-click so it's not an issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.