Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
nyli2
macrumors newbie

Apple screws people over

The new ipad mini is only half great. There is NO reason apple could not of made it as fast as the iphone 5 and with a better screen
nyli2 is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:11 PM   #2
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

While Apple could have made it better, they have not screwed anyone over.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3
KingArthurVI
macrumors regular

If they do then it won't sell as fast because they might have to increase the starting price tremendously. why are you even ranting here? http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html
Nintendo 3DS XL
KingArthurVI is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:12 PM   #4
ThatsMeRight
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyli2 View Post
The new ipad mini is only half great. There is NO reason apple could not of made it as fast as the iphone 5 and with a better screen
Except cost and profit margin.

Oh, and yes. Big multi-billion dollar companies always screw people over - any company, in fact. The 'good companies' all go bankrupt (they fail to play the game).
ThatsMeRight is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:18 PM   #5
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
100% the next one will have it and they will charge the same price.
Things tend to cost less as more effective and efficient ways of manufacturing become available.

As for the original idea, they are not screwing anyone over. If you want apple to put all of the suggested technology into a 7" tablet, the battery life will go down, and people will complain about that. The iPad Mini isn't supposed to be their "pro" tablet- it's more of an inexpensive way for people to get an iPad.
MisterKeeks is offline   3
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:21 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
While Apple could have made it better, they have not screwed anyone over.
Agreed. The specs are well known. They are offering a product for sale. It is up to the customer to decide whether or not that product meets their needs. Apple isn't holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to buy an iPad mini.
ucfgrad93 is offline   12
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:27 PM   #7
maverick22
macrumors regular

I played with one for a few minutes at Best Buy. I thought it was pretty snappy. I didn't see any lag whereas my Nexus 7 often does. I'll have to test some more, but I also thought the screen was good (not excellent but good according to my tired, old eyes).
maverick22 is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:40 PM   #8
ZBoater
macrumors 604

Quote:
Really? No reason? Cost is a reason.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:47 PM   #9
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

They could have added retina and a faster chip, but they didn't because they are about profits. Apple didn't screw anyone over. No one is forcing you to buy an iPad mini either.

However, Apple needs to beef up their quality control.
EMAN19 is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:52 PM   #10
aerok
macrumors 65816

They didn't screw anyone, the device is fine for what it is. I just bought one as a gift and I know the recipient will be extremely happy.

If you don't like, just don't buy it. It is a non-essential product...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:57 PM   #11
AlanKA
macrumors member

Jeep screwed me over because they don't sell a Wrangler with an 8-cycliner engine.

Starbucks screws me over because they don't offer eggnog lattes year-round.
AlanKA is offline   3
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:00 PM   #12
entatlrg
macrumors Demi-God

This forum has become 'MacRant'
entatlrg is offline   5
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:02 PM   #13
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by entatlrg View Post
People love ranting on forums, this hasn't changed.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:07 PM   #14
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Here is a thought, don't buy it. Why push a product with all the bells and whistles if you're not sure it will succeed? This angry ******** is stupid. Tell Apple with your wallet because bitching on a forum is pointless.
GoCubsGo is offline   6
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:19 PM   #15
bcaslis
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Really? And you know this because you are the head of the Apple engineering departmment?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:43 PM   #16
Medic311
macrumors 68000

i find it difficult to take seriously anyone who creates a thread with a 2 sentence rant.
Medic311 is offline   2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 PM   #17
falconeight

The 16gb iphone 5 is $699 the ipad mini is $329. I don't see the correlation or apple screwing people over.
falconeight is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:45 PM   #18
SlasherDuff
macrumors 6502a

I have never been screwed over by Apple, simply because i chose to buy their products. And their products have always been consistantly good for my use as a consumer
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:50 PM   #19
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Retina screen? Not even likely next year, says AnandTech.
aristobrat is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:18 PM   #20
silver8ack
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsMeRight View Post
Except cost and profit margin.

Oh, and yes. Big multi-billion dollar companies always screw people over - any company, in fact. The 'good companies' all go bankrupt (they fail to play the game).
Don't you know that if you make money now, especially in the USA, you are an evil, elitist villain?
silver8ack is offline   1
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:31 PM   #21
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by entatlrg View Post
"McWhine" may be more appropriate.
Aspasia is offline   2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:38 PM   #22
lindrelt
macrumors newbie

Quote:
You know, you are so right! Why don't you fix them and buy some other product? Or better yet start your own company and show Apple how to do it right!! Check back next year and let us know how it went.
lindrelt is offline   2
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:42 PM   #23
Haifisch
macrumors regular

Quote:
Why should they? And it would cannibalize sales for iPad 4 anyway.

It's selling like mad now and it will sell like mad again when they bump up the specs. If I was Apple, I'd do the same thing. Why blow your load the first time out? Like most rational people here, vote with your wallet. I'm waiting for the retina.
Haifisch is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:45 PM   #24
mobiletech
macrumors member

Sorry but due to restrictions of current CPUs it is not possible. Blame Moore's law not apple. The jump from 3-4 was short because the A5X couldn't really handle the retina display.

fast
small
cheap
efficient
you can only have two of these when picking a cpu

there are several problems including: over heating, slow down/ dealys, short battery life, over size, over priced.
all of these are issues of fitting a retina display into a 7.9 inch frame. Next year's cpu will provide enough power for a retina display without these problems.
mobiletech is offline   0
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:10 PM   #25
midwestfisherma
macrumors 6502

Quote:
LMAO.....All of those geniuses twisting peoples arms and holding guns to their customer's heads to make them buy their products. Yep, really screwing people over.
midwestfisherma is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland