Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1
iateallthepies
macrumors newbie

making a Mac think that it's emailing from an iOS device?

Hi guys, not sure if this is possible or not.

I have an email account that only works from iOS devices. It is designed to be this way by the small business I work for. Is it possible to spoof Mac Mail or another email client think that it is an iOS device? I've done some googling and seen about lots of alternative email clients, but pretty sure they wouldn't be able to do this. I know it's a bit of random request but it would really benefit me to have access to my emails with a proper keyboard and full size screen!

(of course I appreciate there is the Apple TV/mirroring and seperate bluetooth keyboard option)...
iateallthepies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2
BRyken
macrumors 6502

Put "Sent from my iPhone" at the end of your message...

But seriously, I'm not sure there is a way to do this. At least that I know of.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Snowy_River
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Snowy_River Send a message via Yahoo to Snowy_River
Without knowing how they locked it into only being accessible by an iOS device, it's hard to say how to spoof it to allow a desktop client to access it. Any more information on what they did?
Snowy_River is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:07 AM   #4
thewitt
macrumors 68000

You could do it with a custom email app, but not with a standard client. You need to forge the headers.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:10 AM   #5
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

Sounds like they may have enabled Activesync but disabled IMAP. Is that the case?
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store