Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhawkin1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm trying to play Multiplayer but don't get any servers? I've also tried GameRanger but doesn't seem to have anyone playing. Is there another game that has Capture the Flag and is superior?

joeysarks

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Detroit
I'm trying to play Multiplayer but don't get any servers? I've also tried GameRanger but doesn't seem to have anyone playing. Is there another game that has Capture the Flag and is superior?

I play on XBC sometimes, otherwise i'd suggest you LAN it:p

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Haven't played in years.
Do you know if the game will work under Mountain Lion?

EDIT: Clearly not, just opened the installer, its PowerPC. :(
The Demo opens fine with Mountain Lion, but cant get past the menu, it doesn't register the clicks.

Last edited:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I haven't played my copy yet. It's sitting there in my Steam folder or wherever I got it, saying Play me, Play me. I played the first level a couple of years ago then life interrupted me. My 2009 macbook has a better graphics card than my 2007 macbook of that time so I should really give it a go. (Half Life is also in my queue).

Sadly the days when I could spend 3 hours in a night playing are long gone. You need that kind of time to build up the reflexes.

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
Haven't played in years.
Do you know if the game will work under Mountain Lion?

EDIT: Clearly not, just opened the installer, its PowerPC. :(
The Demo opens fine with Mountain Lion, but cant get past the menu, it doesn't register the clicks.

There is a universal binary version you can get online for about $10 I believe. I think it even has its own installer if you have the original CD. Anybody know if this works on Mountain Lion?

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
There is a universal binary version you can get online for about $10 I believe. I think it even has its own installer if you have the original CD. Anybody know if this works on Mountain Lion?

Thanks
I got a universal copy yesterday night from a friend, shortly after I wrote here.
Installed it, updated it to 2.0.4 and it works under mountain lion :) weird thing is I can choose 1680x1050 it doesnt look any different to 1280x800.
Works great though. Needs to get used to the bad graphics again, im too used to the new games :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.