Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
As some of you may remember, I've proudly carried my Android phone on these forums.

You may be wondering, then - why does he keep coming back to the iPhone? Well, here is a simple list.

Android
  • Large display in a small package.
  • Ability to use 4000mah battery for three day usage.
  • AdAway means ad-free browsing, apps, and video.
  • Distinctiveness - Everyone has an iPhone phone.
  • Dynamic UI - iOS is static by comparison.

iOS
  • iTunes sync. Nothing compares on Android.
  • iStudiez Pro - I need it for college. Nothing on Android comes close.
  • iCloud - I have all of my contacts syncing with my Mac and iCloud, but Android can't access them. Android = No contacts sync.
  • Camera. Hardware-specific issue with the Galaxy Nexus, which is cursed with a disgusting camera.
  • LED vs. AMOLED display. I love the blacks on the AMOLED display of the Nexus, but the constant worry about burn in and the too-low brightness make me turn to LED.

So yeah. Apple, you've got me. I might get an Android tablet, but since I have a Mac and an iPhone, I'll probably end up getting an iPad instead. Damn.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
iOS
  • iCloud - I have all of my contacts syncing with my Mac and iCloud, but Android can't access them. Android = No contacts sync.
  • Camera. Hardware-specific issue with the Galaxy Nexus, which is cursed with a disgusting camera.
  • LED vs. AMOLED display. I love the blacks on the AMOLED display of the Nexus, but the constant worry about burn in and the too-low brightness make me turn to LED.

1. Depends on how you use your phone
2. Never did enjoy using any studying app in college, if it helps you then it's great!
3. That's why I avoid using iCloud, I go for universal services like Google
4. Yes the camera on the GNex sucks
5. Brightness is low but haven't heard about burn in issues yet.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1. Depends on how you use your phone
2. Never did enjoy using any studying app in college, if it helps you then it's great!
3. That's why I avoid using iCloud, I go for universal services like Google
4. Yes the camera on the GNex sucks
5. Brightness is low but haven't heard about burn in issues yet.

1) I need my music. Period.
2) It's a scheduling app. Check it out.
3) I started out with iCloud. Google Contacts won't sync with my Mac and iPhone properly.
5) Burn in is well documented. Look harder.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
well welcome back to the iPhone I can't wait either till I can upgrade then good bye android and back to the iPhone.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
1) I need my music. Period.
2) It's a scheduling app. Check it out.
3) I started out with iCloud. Google Contacts won't sync with my Mac and iPhone properly.
5) Burn in is well documented. Look harder.

1) I use Rdio now, ended up being much cheaper for me
2) Tried them all, got annoyed really fast lol
3) I didn't have any issues with Google, oh well
5) Didn't really look to be honest, was basing myself on all my friends that have the phone. Not saying you're wrong

Jinzen

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
As some of you may remember, I've proudly carried my Android phone on these forums.

You may be wondering, then - why does he keep coming back to the iPhone? Well, here is a simple list.

Android
  • Large display in a small package.
  • Ability to use 4000mah battery for three day usage.
  • AdAway means ad-free browsing, apps, and video.
  • Distinctiveness - Everyone has an iPhone phone.
  • Dynamic UI - iOS is static by comparison.

iOS

So yeah. Apple, you've got me. I might get an Android tablet, but since I have a Mac and an iPhone, I'll probably end up getting an iPad instead. Damn.

Man that's weak.

Istudiez pro? Useless and a million copy cat apps.

Contacts sync? Man even I don't use iCloud and I have everything Apple makes. Google exchange sync is far superior.

Camera? Yea, the Gnex sucks. Most SuperAmoled Androids suck. Samsung phones with them blow.

But there are good non-iOS phones now, like the droid DNA, HTC One X +, Lumia 920 etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.