Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Florida
I fired up Skitch to do an assignment for a class and realized just how big this downgrade, ahemmm–I mean upgrade was.

I thought the Windows 8 metro app for Skitch was lacking functionality (and dismissed it as perhaps more functionality will be added in the future since this was Skitch's first port) but now it seems they replaced the actual Skitch app for Mac with some reskinned metro app garbage. This new iteration lacks useful functionality and is utterly frustrating to use.

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I fired up Skitch to do an assignment for a class and realized just how big this downgrade, ahemmm–I mean upgrade was.

I thought the Windows 8 metro app for Skitch was lacking functionality (and dismissed it as perhaps more functionality will be added in the future since this was Skitch's first port) but now it seems they replaced the actual Skitch app for Mac with some reskinned metro app garbage. This new iteration lacks useful functionality and is utterly frustrating to use.

You can still download the old version, check my response to a previous thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15822530#post15822530

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.