Highest FAN Discount, for AT&T - Page 5 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:08 PM   #101
Gaidin43
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatthewware View Post
Figures that a government employee wants more entitlements. How about we make you pay more since the tax payer is funding your payroll?

----------

You work for USPS, so you're underworked and overpaid. Why would you be pissed about someone getting a discount?
Haha someone is pissy. And talking smack about service members is not the best idea. You'll never win that argument. They should have some of the highest fan discount.

Also I think a lot of under educated, none performing, lazy government Employees exist. They are the worst and they do not care what people think because they know they cannot be fired easily. I have worked both the GS scale and in the military. The government should be the top-notch organization in the country to work for not corporate America. However we have let The worst kind of lazy people into these jobs.
Gaidin43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:47 PM   #102
gldubzakjr
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to gldubzakjr
So how does one get the FAN number added to their account with AT&T? I ask their methods because years ago I worked for a company who received a pretty good discount on Verizon's network and I've been using that discount ever since. 20% off the monthly access fee, 25% off my data plan on the primary line, and 20% off phones and accessories.

We have considered switching to AT&T with the iPhone 5 release; however, our current employers discounts are nowhere near what we're already getting with Verizon. The only way I'd consider switching now is if we could somehow get the same or a better deal through AT&T.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions???
gldubzakjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:21 PM   #103
RotaryP7
macrumors 6502a

Anyone know what Google's discount is on AT&T? In T-Mobile, Google's discount is the highest.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:18 PM   #104
Bob Coxner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldubzakjr View Post
So how does one get the FAN number added to their account with AT&T? I ask their methods because years ago I worked for a company who received a pretty good discount on Verizon's network and I've been using that discount ever since. 20% off the monthly access fee, 25% off my data plan on the primary line, and 20% off phones and accessories.

We have considered switching to AT&T with the iPhone 5 release; however, our current employers discounts are nowhere near what we're already getting with Verizon. The only way I'd consider switching now is if we could somehow get the same or a better deal through AT&T.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions???
Try www.att.com/wireless/XXX where XXX is the name of the company FAN you want to get. For example, www.att.com/wireless/usps for the Postal Service. Click the box for transferring your number and it should take you to the plans for that company, with the discounts listed.

You can also find a list of most of the FAN discounts on the Howard Forums website.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:25 PM   #105
nialove
macrumors newbie

I get 22% with Home Depot
nialove is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:19 PM   #106
KirkL
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Try www.att.com/wireless/XXX where XXX is the name of the company FAN you want to get. For example, www.att.com/wireless/usps for the Postal Service. Click the box for transferring your number and it should take you to the plans for that company, with the discounts listed.

You can also find a list of most of the FAN discounts on the Howard Forums website.
How do they verify if you work for that company?
KirkL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:42 PM   #107
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkL View Post
They send email to the address you supply them, from that company.

for me, I work for the University of Nevada, which encompasses UNLV, Univ. of Nevada Reno, and the Colleges of Southern Nevada. My email address ends in 'nevada.edu', so they sent mail to that address. I received it, followed the instructions, and boom! FAN applied to my account.

BTW: 15% for me off the bill, 25% off accessories.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:20 AM   #108
Gaidin43
macrumors regular

Misposted
Gaidin43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:10 AM   #109
vbtwo31984
macrumors regular

19% NYC government. Used to be 20% but they reduced to 19% a couple of years ago. Applies to primary voice line and data plans that are $25+.
vbtwo31984 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:46 AM   #110
Bob Coxner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkL View Post
If you read through the threads on Howard Forums you'll see they don't verify if you go through the www.att.com/wireless/XXX website. There is a 1 in 100000 chance of the account being audited, which requires verification, but those are low odds.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:00 AM   #111
TerpCJ
macrumors newbie

AT&T refuse FAN discount on 3GB data?

Hi -
I interpret for the deaf - and ATT has decent data + text plan for Deaf. Also many people (like those on this thread) work for big companies and get FAN discounts.
Yesterday I went to ATT store with new iPhone buyer (Deaf person with text + data plan only) to find out why she did not get her FAN discount. (USPS employee) She had just received her first full month's bill for iPhone service and no 25% discount was applied.

We were told only the 5GB plan gets the discount - not the 3GB plan.

So, her USPS discount is worthless to her, but when I went with her to BUY the phone she was told she WOULD get the discount.

Anyone else having similar problems with no discount being given on DATA plan? Do you also work for USPS?
TerpCJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone