Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
jason2811
macrumors 6502a

WhatsApp overseas?

I'll be spending three months in Europe and I want to message my friends back here in the US using WhatsApp. Is it better for me to activate WhatsApp while I'm here in the US before I head to Europe and connect it to my US number? Or should I wait til I get to Europe to activate and connect it with my European number? I heard you can only activate it once per phone so I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks!
jason2811 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:53 PM   #2
marc11
macrumors 68000

I have mine activated to my number in Japan but it works anywhere I go, even on wifi when I have the cell off. But it is an interesting question, if you change sims, will it still work if you activate it to your USA number? I honestly have no idea.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:28 PM   #3
anvikapur
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2811 View Post
I'll be spending three months in Europe and I want to message my friends back here in the US using WhatsApp. Is it better for me to activate WhatsApp while I'm here in the US before I head to Europe and connect it to my US number? Or should I wait til I get to Europe to activate and connect it with my European number? I heard you can only activate it once per phone so I want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks!
Can I verify one WhatsApp account to multiple phones, or with multiple phone numbers?

Many of you may have different phones or different numbers, and may want to use WhatsApp with one number, but on two phones or vice versa. However, at this time, WhatsApp can only be verified with one number, on one device.

If you attempt to frequently switch your WhatsApp account between different devices, at a certain point, you may be blocked from re-verifying WhatsApp. So, please do not repeatedly switch between different devices.
anvikapur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:51 PM   #4
dendritic cells
macrumors member

I used whatsapp on a single device (blackberry) in 3 different countries/continents (US, Netherlands, Indonesia) each using a local number and somehow it worked perfectly (all my whatsapp contacts and groups remained intact).
dendritic cells is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps