Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:00 AM   #26
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
So if there is a problem with it like scratches I can just have it replaced at an Apple store?
So can we do this?
2011 MacBook Air 13" - 1.8 GHz i7, 4GB, 256 SSD, Carbon Skinned
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:17 AM   #27
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJB View Post
Just received an AT&T refurb that I ordered Friday.
No chips, scratches or bends.
Screen is perfect, no scratches.
Very happy with my order.
Where'd you order from?
PhiladelphiaX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:39 AM   #28
DrJB
macrumors newbie

Ordered from the AT&T wireless website.
Prices on the refurbs have gone up since then, I guess it was a Black Friday deal.
DrJB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 AM   #29
romeo0119
macrumors 6502

Do you remember what time on Friday you order? I order mine on Friday night and it still processing....
romeo0119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:23 AM   #30
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbit View Post
I doubt they will extend it for the year.

In Apple's database, they can see exactly when the phone was initially activated. So it would not matter when it was purchased.

I am pretty sure these ATT refubs are store returns and ATT's inventory was piling up.

On my phone, they knew exactly when my phone was activated and exactly when AppleCare+ was added, i.e. the entire history of the phone in Apple's data base.
you go to bestbuy and buy a demo unit, show apple the receipt and they will fix the warranty for it. don't see why couldn't be done on an iPhone either.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:25 PM   #31
DrJB
macrumors newbie

Ordered around 10 am (Eastern) and got a confirmation shortly thereafter.
DrJB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 PM   #32
YsoSerious
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
Do you remember what time on Friday you order? I order mine on Friday night and it still processing....
I'm in the same boat. Ordered Friday, and checked today and it's still processing
YsoSerious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:57 PM   #33
Jimbo Asprilla
macrumors member

Ordered mine on Friday too, money taken but my order is still listed as "processing" really not happy at all.
Jimbo Asprilla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:23 PM   #34
romeo0119
macrumors 6502

I guess they are still waiting for customers to return the phones so they can ship it to us lol
romeo0119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:35 PM   #35
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502

Quote:
So if there is a problem with it like scratches I can just have it replaced at an Apple store?
Anyone?
2011 MacBook Air 13" - 1.8 GHz i7, 4GB, 256 SSD, Carbon Skinned
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:43 PM   #36
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Anyone?
More than likely no.

They are not willing to replace for pure cosmetic issues UNLESS it's severe. Even then it's an uphill battle.
mikeydeezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:38 PM   #37
jrasero
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
I'm still shocked AT&T refurbs went on sale this quick!

Noted for a future iPhone ...
I wouldn't be since loads of people are sending theirs back through replacements. I sent three phones back. Apple probably has a ton of refurbished iPhones
jrasero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:09 PM   #38
Molson1020
macrumors member

Ordered mine at 6pm on Friday night and mine is also still processing.
Molson1020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:02 PM   #39
thadoggfather
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero View Post
I wouldn't be since loads of people are sending theirs back through replacements. I sent three phones back. Apple probably has a ton of refurbished iPhones
Very true
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:16 PM   #40
austin0389
macrumors newbie

I ordered Friday at noon eastern time and I too am still getting a "processing" status. Getting a bit antsy over here.
austin0389 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:08 AM   #41
skizo
macrumors newbie

I ordered on Friday at 12:15AM PST and my order is still processing.

Last edited by skizo; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
skizo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:00 AM   #42
DoNoHarm
macrumors 65816

This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...
DoNoHarm is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 AM   #43
jamesschmidtke
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNoHarm View Post
This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...
there was on mine, but I also go naked so it was less of a big deal..my ipad mini I got the same day was perfect tho
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:38 AM   #44
Jimbo Asprilla
macrumors member

a week later and my order is still "Processing".....
Jimbo Asprilla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:17 AM   #45
YsoSerious
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Asprilla View Post
a week later and my order is still "Processing".....
Mine says the same thing. I'm gonna call CS today and see what's going on.

Update: I just got off the phone with CS and they said that orders for the refurb iphones are on backorder and they're waiting for new stock. So if you weren't one of the lucky ones that got theirs early this week, you might be ****** out of luck. I think I'm gonna cancel my order.

Last edited by YsoSerious; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update
YsoSerious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:03 AM   #46
google
macrumors regular

So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?
google is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:18 PM   #47
jamesschmidtke
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?

google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:23 PM   #48
google
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesschmidtke View Post
google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.
So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?
google is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:09 PM   #49
dave420
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?
Yes you are liable. If you don't want the phone then return it. Your contract started when you ordered/received the phone. Do you think if they sent you a phone and you just left it in a drawer then you wouldn't be liable for the contract?
dave420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone