Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:00 AM   #26
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
So if there is a problem with it like scratches I can just have it replaced at an Apple store?
So can we do this?
__________________
2012 iPhone 5
2012 iPad Air - 128GB WiFi
2011 iMac 27" - 3.4GHz Quad i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 2 TB HDD
2011 MacBook Air 13" - 1.8 GHz i7, 4GB, 256 SSD, Carbon Skinned
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:17 AM   #27
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJB View Post
Just received an AT&T refurb that I ordered Friday.
No chips, scratches or bends.
Screen is perfect, no scratches.
Very happy with my order.
Where'd you order from?
PhiladelphiaX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:39 AM   #28
DrJB
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ordered from the AT&T wireless website.
Prices on the refurbs have gone up since then, I guess it was a Black Friday deal.
DrJB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 AM   #29
romeo0119
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Do you remember what time on Friday you order? I order mine on Friday night and it still processing....
romeo0119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:23 AM   #30
rmhop81
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbit View Post
I doubt they will extend it for the year.

In Apple's database, they can see exactly when the phone was initially activated. So it would not matter when it was purchased.

I am pretty sure these ATT refubs are store returns and ATT's inventory was piling up.

On my phone, they knew exactly when my phone was activated and exactly when AppleCare+ was added, i.e. the entire history of the phone in Apple's data base.
you go to bestbuy and buy a demo unit, show apple the receipt and they will fix the warranty for it. don't see why couldn't be done on an iPhone either.
__________________
MBA|11.6"|128GB iPad rMini|32GB|LTE iPhone 6 Plus|64GB Apple TV Time Capsule
rmhop81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:25 PM   #31
DrJB
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ordered around 10 am (Eastern) and got a confirmation shortly thereafter.
DrJB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 PM   #32
YsoSerious
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
Do you remember what time on Friday you order? I order mine on Friday night and it still processing....
I'm in the same boat. Ordered Friday, and checked today and it's still processing
YsoSerious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:57 PM   #33
Jimbo Asprilla
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Ordered mine on Friday too, money taken but my order is still listed as "processing" really not happy at all.
Jimbo Asprilla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:23 PM   #34
romeo0119
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I guess they are still waiting for customers to return the phones so they can ship it to us lol
romeo0119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:35 PM   #35
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
So if there is a problem with it like scratches I can just have it replaced at an Apple store?
Anyone?
__________________
2012 iPhone 5
2012 iPad Air - 128GB WiFi
2011 iMac 27" - 3.4GHz Quad i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 2 TB HDD
2011 MacBook Air 13" - 1.8 GHz i7, 4GB, 256 SSD, Carbon Skinned
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:43 PM   #36
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
Anyone?
More than likely no.

They are not willing to replace for pure cosmetic issues UNLESS it's severe. Even then it's an uphill battle.
__________________
Ordered: T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus Gold 128GB
Date: 11/14/2014 @ 4PM
Shipped on: 11/17/2014
mikeydeezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:38 PM   #37
jrasero
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
I'm still shocked AT&T refurbs went on sale this quick!

Noted for a future iPhone ...
I wouldn't be since loads of people are sending theirs back through replacements. I sent three phones back. Apple probably has a ton of refurbished iPhones
jrasero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:09 PM   #38
Molson1020
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Ordered mine at 6pm on Friday night and mine is also still processing.
Molson1020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:02 PM   #39
thadoggfather
macrumors 68040
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero View Post
I wouldn't be since loads of people are sending theirs back through replacements. I sent three phones back. Apple probably has a ton of refurbished iPhones
Very true
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:16 PM   #40
austin0389
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I ordered Friday at noon eastern time and I too am still getting a "processing" status. Getting a bit antsy over here.
austin0389 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:08 AM   #41
skizo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I ordered on Friday at 12:15AM PST and my order is still processing.

Last edited by skizo; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
skizo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:00 AM   #42
DoNoHarm
macrumors 65816
 
DoNoHarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SFO
This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...
DoNoHarm is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:18 AM   #43
jamesschmidtke
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNoHarm View Post
This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...
there was on mine, but I also go naked so it was less of a big deal..my ipad mini I got the same day was perfect tho
__________________
Down to a 5s and a 32 lte iPad Air
jamesschmidtke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:38 AM   #44
Jimbo Asprilla
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
a week later and my order is still "Processing".....
Jimbo Asprilla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:17 AM   #45
YsoSerious
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Asprilla View Post
a week later and my order is still "Processing".....
Mine says the same thing. I'm gonna call CS today and see what's going on.

Update: I just got off the phone with CS and they said that orders for the refurb iphones are on backorder and they're waiting for new stock. So if you weren't one of the lucky ones that got theirs early this week, you might be ****** out of luck. I think I'm gonna cancel my order.

Last edited by YsoSerious; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update
YsoSerious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:03 AM   #46
google
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?
google is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:18 PM   #47
jamesschmidtke
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?

google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.
__________________
Down to a 5s and a 32 lte iPad Air
jamesschmidtke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:23 PM   #48
google
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesschmidtke View Post
google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.
So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?
google is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:09 PM   #49
dave420
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?
Yes you are liable. If you don't want the phone then return it. Your contract started when you ordered/received the phone. Do you think if they sent you a phone and you just left it in a drawer then you wouldn't be liable for the contract?
dave420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27" 2013 BTO - Arrived, Performance & Observations bp1000 iMac 82 Oct 6, 2013 07:43 PM
iPad Mini: When mini arrived in Refurb Store. skiltrip iPad 1 Aug 15, 2013 02:10 AM
2.3 quad refurb arrived and I broke the IR cable. philipma1957 Mac mini 8 Jan 16, 2013 02:06 PM
iPhone 5 (AT&T) ordered from Apple arrived unlocked? BIRDinho iPhone 4 Oct 1, 2012 06:05 PM
Bought a refurb 2011 MBP - arrived with extra RAM? LoganWI MacBook Pro 14 Aug 25, 2012 02:17 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC