Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:20 PM   #26
sngraphics
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
My SMT1000I is set to...

Main Menu - Configuration - Local Power Quality : Good

It only goes to batteryonly if there is a local power event and never complains when I turn on the Mac Pro and 27" ACD. It is running as configured in my sig and idles at 26% load which gives about 45-50 minutes on battery.
I have the settings set exactly the same.
Main Menu - Configuration - Local Power Quality : Good

And I still get the "Popping" noise when the Mac starts/wakes up.
What do I do now?
Is there anything that has to be done or is this how this unit is supposed to behave when a MacPro draws from it?

Mine idles at 37% load and is giving now about 30min on battery.
sngraphics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:46 PM   #27
mokeiko
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sngraphics View Post
I have the settings set exactly the same.
Main Menu - Configuration - Local Power Quality : Good

And I still get the "Popping" noise when the Mac starts/wakes up.
What do I do now?
Is there anything that has to be done or is this how this unit is supposed to behave when a MacPro draws from it?

Mine idles at 37% load and is giving now about 30min on battery.
This is definitely not the way ANY power supply should behave. Give APC call/email and get their opinion on what you should do. Good luck.

mokeiko
mokeiko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:50 AM   #28
DanielCoffey
macrumors 65816
 
DanielCoffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Given the effort you have gone through to check this, it is time to investigate your warranty with APC or Amazon.

An officially refurbished unit from APC would be an acceptable compromise given you didn't buy it new from APC.
DanielCoffey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:42 PM   #29
sngraphics
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
This is definitely not the way ANY power supply should behave. Give APC call/email and get their opinion on what you should do. Good luck.

mokeiko
When I was on the phone with the last rep they didn't really know what to tell me about the noise. It looks like I will have to get a another rep (or two or three) on the phone to see if anyone there will be able to figure this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Given the effort you have gone through to check this, it is time to investigate your warranty with APC or Amazon.

An officially refurbished unit from APC would be an acceptable compromise given you didn't buy it new from APC.
Yes there is still an APC warranty until 2013 and they were not hesitant about replacing it if necessary.
From everyone I have gotten on the phone there, they have all been very helpful. Excellent service.
sngraphics is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APC UPS with iMac issues macord Mac Peripherals 2 Mar 29, 2014 12:45 PM
Possible problem with APC S15BLK (UPS) BobD2 Mac Pro 4 Sep 10, 2013 10:24 PM
Which Smart ups? tony3d Mac Pro 26 Aug 11, 2013 04:25 PM
Recommended APC UPS for auto shut down lk998 Mac Peripherals 2 Apr 9, 2013 08:25 AM
APC UPS not detected in power settings? mluters Mac Pro 24 Oct 4, 2012 01:58 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC