Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
if these hipsters ruled the world we'd still be listening to music on vinyl records, forget touch screen phones. Soooo needy, always have to stand out.

Hate to break it but Will I am is on the board of executives or something at Intel and he sees himself as some sort of visionary technology advisor to all tech company's!!
I've seen him interviewed and he thinks he has an answer to all of the tech worlds problems like where to take interactive television programmes, he is also pushing for an Xfactor show but for innovators of tech.

CreativeOutlaw

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
This isn't for you

I find it pretty funny that a message board of predominantly white, male, techies have such a strong opinion on a product that's obviously not targeted to them in any way whatsoever. If you've ever been to a night club and seen the women there, you might have an inkling of who this is designed for.

Here's a list of your complaints and why none of them matter:
- It's ugly - It's shiny and gold, and will go perfectly with all the gaudy accessories and handbags these women already paid top dollar for
- It's bulky - It's going in a purse, not a man's pocket, so this point is completely moot
- It's expensive - You really think a woman who's willing to drop a grand on a bag to hold lipstick is going to bat an eye at price if this is the "hot" item or name brand she "needs" to outdo her friends?

The black one I'm unsure of who it's targeted to, but the white and gold one has a more than decent chance of selling like hot cakes this Christmas season if it gets photographed with the right celebrity using it.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
I blame Fergie.

(hope someone hasn’t said that, but I couldn’t be arsed to read 7 pages of comments for a cheap joke)

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Is that a Will.i.am camera enclosure in your pocket or are you just really happy to see me? ;)

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Oh...my....god....grab your torches and pitchforks folks, we must form an angry mob and stop this atrocity.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

etc.etc.

fullfirstalarm

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
if these hipsters ruled the world we'd still be listening to music on vinyl records, forget touch screen phones. Soooo needy, always have to stand out.

Huh? Hipsters are in some way associated with vinyl records? This is AWESOME to know. As a 46-year-old struggling with the day-to-day rigmarole, I gotta say it's good to know I am a hipster.

As for the topic at hand, this particular product is incredibly silly. Wonder what the focus group testing looked like?

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I can't wait for the day I see one of these in the wild. After the first of the year, the prices will probably drop by at least $75 when they realize they aren't selling as fast as they thought they would.

camman564

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
I expect most users of the "vintage look" to have nails over 2 inches past their finger tips, and a weave...

The contemporary/modern one actually isn't that bad, but i cant justify spending that much money on something that wont fit in my pocket or enhance my user experience....

Same reason why I didn't buy into the galaxy III

j.applewood

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Oh perfect. More crappy photography from amateurs who think they're pros when they slap a 1990s cell phone filter on a photo.

i.am not buying this

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
This should be called the: "Me.Weird.I.Am. SupaGold™ Delux Plus+ CamWow SupaPhone©"

...For the talentless rapper in all of us.

Betta get yo boom boom boom while supplies last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.