Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Their international shipping is even more if it makes you feel better lol.

Mine was part of the 26th batch but still says processing... Hopefully it'll ship soon.

I've got my toast walnut back, which is awesome, and sticker boy extreme fit wraps all ready and waiting.

trdspectacoma

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
wOOT, just got notification that they processed for shipping. I should receive it by friday!!!paid 20$ for priority overnight, but live in hawaii so by noon of 3rd day so that would be friday!! can't wait.

now just waiting for the GLAS tR to come in. (mailed yesterday)

Anvil Image

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
USPS first class package up to 5 pounds 2-4 days is 3 dollars, priority mail 2-3 days up to 70 pounds is 5 dollars their just fleecing people

Yea, but with unreliable or non-existent tracking info and poor protection in case my order gets lost or damaged. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay a little more for better shipping when I'm dropping that much for a case...

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Yea, but with unreliable or non-existent tracking info and poor protection in case my order gets lost or damaged. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay a little more for better shipping when I'm dropping that much for a case...

Both those services have included tracking I use them when I sell on eBay their really reliable and never damaged an item, but in reality FedEx ground costs around 6 dollars for an item that size.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Overnight shipping was worth it, case arrived at 10am via FedEx
there have been several photos recently of the white & silver so there's no real reason for me to post
but here's some anyway (lol)
IMG_20121128_165919.jpg

IMG_20121128_165902.jpg

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
I sent a PM to ElementCase about difference between Sector Black Ops vs SE Black

A:

The Sector 5 Black Ops is a Type 3 anodizing. That means that the coating is a little thicker and more abrasion resistant, but it's not really something that you'd be able to tell just by holding it. The Sector 5 SE is Type 2 anodizing. Since both are the matte Flux Finish, they look pretty much the same, but if they were not matte finish, you would probably be able to see more grain in the Type 2 SE finish than the Type 3 Black Ops.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I sent a PM to ElementCase about difference between Sector Black Ops vs SE Black

A:

The Sector 5 Black Ops is a Type 3 anodizing. That means that the coating is a little thicker and more abrasion resistant, but it's not really something that you'd be able to tell just by holding it. The Sector 5 SE is Type 2 anodizing. Since both are the matte Flux Finish, they look pretty much the same, but if they were not matte finish, you would probably be able to see more grain in the Type 2 SE finish than the Type 3 Black Ops.

Lame, if I knew that I might have paid the extra so the case doesn't chip as easily...I plan on keeping it for 2 years

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
Lame, if I knew that I might have paid the extra so the case doesn't chip as easily...I plan on keeping it for 2 years

I just plan on getting it re-annodized in 6 to 12 months when it starts to show wear. I've done multiple paintball guns and I can't see this sized item being more than 20-30 bucks.

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012

A:

Ahh yes. I'm glad I switched my se black for the black ops edition. The level 3 anodizing will hold up much better. And only cost me $48 more. Win win for me. I have overnight shipping. So hopefully that Monday after the 6th I should have it.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Ahh yes. I'm glad I switched my se black for the black ops edition. The level 3 anodizing will hold up much better. And only cost me $48 more. Win win for me. I have overnight shipping. So hopefully that Monday after the 6th I should have it.

I'm also happy to hear that the coating on the black ops is thicker! Guess you will get it before I do since mine will come through Fedex International (California to Puerto Rico), which on the past 2 FE orders took about 3 days.

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
I am hoping that they come out with a redesigned white carbon fiber back soon that doesnt affect signal

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008

A:

You would think at $140.00 type 3 anodizing would be a given on the SE model also. What does all that premium price cover? I thought the best material available is what I'm paying for. Unfortunately I don't think a black case appeals to me on a white phone, so type 2 it is.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Glow in the dark stickers? :confused:

yep, totally opposite of me (in normal daylight the whole phone looks white)

info on glow in the dark

http://www.carboniphones.com

I just plan on getting it re-annodized in 6 to 12 months when it starts to show wear. I've done multiple paintball guns and I can't see this sized item being more than 20-30 bucks.

+1: I'm either getting this whole thing polished or custom anodized locally when it fades

superstardj

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
NC
After looking at it more and more, I think I am going to get a black ops S5 to use and keep my FE as well. I absolutely love the FE and the black ops is really growing on me.

Just have to wait until I'm not flat broke lol, I own a business and am in the process of buying a business and have like 10 bucks to my name jeez it's tough working for yourself but ill make it...anyways, pics of the black ops please when you guys receive yours

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
So I just looked at elements site. It now states black ops s5 shipping December 13. Ummm when I ordered it said December 6. Did they push it back? Or did they sell out of first batch and up the date for new orders???

Pap

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
good call going with the black rash guards they look nice
good pics!

Thanks!

I love everything about this case other than the volume up and down button cut out. Deffinetly not as easy to get to them easily any longer. Luckily my headphones have them built in.

For anyone with Sure 535, 425, etc... The iphone chord works well with this case. No clearance issues.

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Just checked my order status. It says December 6. In gonna be pretty upset if they push it back a week.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
I have a brand new silver I bought for my wives phone but she's not liking it. It anyonecwants one now I will part with this one. It's two days old.

Risingkazuya05

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Just got mine today! Black SE on my Black iPhone 5 64GB with Lucky Labs Duo Tones in Carbon Fiber and Red Ends with Glossy Red Spectra Full Body Wraps :)

Excuse the crappy iPad 3 pics :p

273BDCAC-D93E-48D2-AA6A-320B2F5F055F-140-0000000241D4608D.jpg

0D60DC16-E87C-4F04-8AF4-1AC5366DAA4A-140-000000024DE2CF65.jpg

03739BBC-5EEC-4344-B8E6-86C66E72E23C-140-0000000256A346D5.jpg

00D857E3-B487-403E-9671-9621FF5BC90A-140-000000025F330017.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.