Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
I just asked via apple chat what time they were available in the UK on Friday and was advised to try midnight, I then asked if it was confirmed and they said ‘not as of yet’ and they then gave me a link to the PR page for he UK, she then said once they are announced they will be on that page, as is the case in the US, I then asked if they had been confirmed as able to purchase in the UK on Friday and she said not as of yet and they are expecting an announcement shortly.

I did clarify that they were on sale in the US on Friday and not the UK and she confirmed this. (until the announcement is made).

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
Same I can't order until 5PM UK time. Do you think all the 27 iMacs will be out of stock by then?

There *is* no stock of 27" iMacs yet. Will your shipping time be longer by then? Who knows. All pure speculation..

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Just finished a chat with a apple employee and she stated that the 27inch will not be available for pre order on the Friday , I quoted the apple press release and she reckons that was misread and after reading a few news feeds , I kinda think she is correct and we will have to wait to pre order , maybe in December.

I think she is the one who "misread" ; ) The release states that the iMac (in general) will be available to order on the 30th and then clarifies that the 27 will ship in December. If you wouldn't be able to order one on Friday, they would have stated so.

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
I think she is the one who "misread" ; ) The release states that the iMac (in general) will be available to order on the 30th and then clarifies that the 27 will ship in December. If you wouldn't be able to order one on Friday, they would have stated so.

Knowing apple I've got to side with the chat adviser, even thou I hope she is wrong but we will soon see come Friday .

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Seems I was hasty. I wanted a new computer, but ended up just throwing an SSD in my 2011 iMac. Oh well, guess I just need to wait a while now.

why don't all of you that just want to upgrade your one year iMac wait a little while and let those of use with 4+ year old iMacs get in line first? :cool: :D

aidancbrady

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Knowing apple I've got to side with the chat adviser, even thou I hope she is wrong but we will soon see come Friday .

To contradict...
ILfkm.png

I know it means nothing, but nothing can sometimes mean something!

Just got off the phone with a nice American lady in Apple (despite calling the UK number).

I understand the new iMacs are available to order on Friday, does this include the 27" models?

Yes you can order the 27" on Friday "but deliveries will be in December"

I plan to order a custom config (i.e. a Fusion Drive), will this push me back in the queue?

Maybe by between one and three days. I've never seen a BTO delay over a standard of more than three days.

dmw16

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
why don't all of you that just want to upgrade your one year iMac wait a little while and let those of use with 4+ year old iMacs get in line first? :cool: :D

I'll race you to the computer...

Ready...

Set.......

Go!!!

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
All sounding good for Friday but then you never know , best make a start on separating my credit card from my wallet , that's well and truly moulded to it lol ,now regarding who deserves there iMac first , well that goes without saying its us old pc heads who are heading over to the dark side lol

Imacmatches

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Australia
Vote 1 for newbies!

I vote that all new iMac converts get first dibs! I've been waiting patiently since March and rather impatiently since the October keynote for my first iMac. I would prefer not to wait until after Christmas to enjoy my conversion :p

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
I vote that all new iMac converts get first dibs! I've been waiting patiently since March and rather impatiently since the October keynote for my first iMac. I would prefer not to wait until after Christmas to enjoy my conversion :p

If my current iMac is a 17" 800MHz G4 snowball, can I get into the newbie group? :D I might just have to stay up all night to order. I've been waiting to order one since early February...

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Order early as regardless of how many of each variety are being produced, the holiday season is going strong and they will not be available for long.

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
Just got off the phone with a nice American lady in Apple (despite calling the UK number).

I understand the new iMacs are available to order on Friday, does this include the 27" models?

Yes you can order the 27" on Friday "but deliveries will be in December"

I plan to order a custom config (i.e. a Fusion Drive), will this push me back in the queue?

Maybe by between one and three days. I've never seen a BTO delay over a standard of more than three days.

When I ordered my 2011 27" iMac with 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD the BTO delay was over a month long.

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
When I ordered my 2011 27" iMac with 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD the BTO delay was over a month long.

Damn! Thanks for the input.

Can anyone else speak of experiences with BTO delays so we have an idea of what to expect, maybe kfscoll's was a rare case?

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Damn! Thanks for the input.

Can anyone else speak of experiences with BTO delays so we have an idea of what to expect, maybe kfscoll's was a rare case?

It depends on what components are in short supply on your list. We won't know till orders are placed.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I just called Apple business sales to check after seeing the locked thread about it. I was told by a rep that they were told the 27" wouldn't be available to order until December, so they don't expect to be able to take orders for them tomorrow.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Agree, but I've been waiting since February so I get to order before you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.