Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:04 PM   #1
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Converting inherited old HTML to modern standards

I'm not entirely sure which HTML standard the site I have inherited was written to - probably HTML 4 Transitional, according to the W3C validator service. I'd like to convert the site, and all its component pages, to the modern HTML 5 standard. I've found a Java tool that could potentially help with the conversion process (by normalizing the HTML). However, it looks like the conversion job needs to be done mostly manually, which I am fine with. That being said, got any suggestions for doing this? If seeing the site itself would help, this here link will take you there.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development