Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:20 PM   #376
Will do good
macrumors 6502

Guess you can't buy class or taste...
Will do good is offline   1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:23 PM   #377
Carlanga
macrumors 603

I'm so 3008. This is so 2000 and late.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:25 PM   #378
Crazy John
macrumors newbie

So it'll make the iPhone snappier?

Thank you, try the veal.
Crazy John is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:27 PM   #379
JTToft
macrumors 6502a

Haha. Man, that's stupid.
JTToft is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:40 PM   #380
gaximus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychj0e View Post
This is actually really neat.

I wonder if it also works as a battery pack? I could see a lot of people ditching their DSLRs for this. Certainly has the right number of megapixels.
8MP is the most you would ever need, unless your printing out images greater than 8" x 10". Anything more than 8MP is just a waste.
gaximus is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:43 PM   #381
Gomff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonix View Post
The phone is ghastly.

But what kind of douche would turn such an observation into a personal attack?
A white middle class casual racist with an ingrained sense of entitlement??

This thread is really showing the true demographic of MacRumors. It's really quite embarrassing.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:45 PM   #382
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactendo View Post
Oh my god, so much hate and prejudice on macrumors
1. It's not prejudice if one judges on merits and utility. This is a product that adds nothing to the market place. It's a waste of resources.

2. Is it wrong to hate products who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of a pop star at the expense of the environment. How does this faux camera make anyone's life easier, simpler, better? It's a POS. I hate it yes, but not without good reason. That's different that hating to hate or out of jealousy or wounded ego.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:45 PM   #383
Tiger8
macrumors 68000

Red Flag: Chandra Rathakrishnan

Oh my! Just learned that will.i.am teamed with Mr. Chandra Rathakrishnan, the CEO behind the failure called JooJoo tablet, a couple of bankrupt companies and dozen lawsuits...

a B-list rapper and a failed CEO, Not good.
Tiger8 is offline   4
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:48 PM   #384
tdream
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonix View Post
The phone is ghastly.

But what kind of douche would turn such an observation into a personal attack?
He should rebrand himself as i.****.you.not

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomff View Post

This thread is really showing the true demographic of MacRumors. It's really quite embarrassing.
Lol wrong, but thanks for playing.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:49 PM   #385
PeterQVenkman
macrumors 68020

Somebody beat those phones something fierce with the ugly stick.
PeterQVenkman is offline   3
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:51 PM   #386
chadharris
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRCL View Post
The best part is that I bet there will be $30 chinese knockoffs within about 3 days of its launch
Since it's not available unitl 'early 2013', the chinese knockoffs will probably beat it to market.

And still no one will buy them :-)
chadharris is offline   1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:52 PM   #387
dainja
macrumors member

This is idiotic.

The downfall of the iPhone camera isn't the zoom or the # of megapixels, it's the lens and the size of the sensor (and by size I don't mean # of megapixels, I mean actual size). Neither of which can be fixed with this disgusting add-on...

Considering how bulky this will be, you might as well get one of the newer mirrorless digital cameras.
dainja is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:55 PM   #388
MikeFromTexas
macrumors newbie

For all of those who say that there is no market for this, think on the following:

PSY and Gangnam Style.
MikeFromTexas is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:56 PM   #389
chambord
Banned

I can't stand the people claiming "racism" simply because a black artist produced a crappy product. The only racist person is the person yelling "RACISM!!"

--

Beyond that, I defended will.i.am for investing his money and trying to come up with something innovative. Unfortunately he failed miserably. Both products are tremendously ugly and are about the stupidest ideas I could possibly imagine.
chambord is offline   4
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:57 PM   #390
Jetson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomff View Post

Well said.

I had the outdated image of Apple/Mac users being cool, visionary hippy people.

Man that's long gone.

Today it's entitled iPhone people who walk around gabbing nonstop on their phones or texting like zombies, oblivious to people they're about to crash into and traffic around them as they arrogantly march into busy intersections without looking.

These are people who have never had an original idea in their heads their whole lives and rush to crush any inventiveness they perceive in others - unless that idea comes from the almighty Apple Inc.
Jetson is offline   2
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:58 PM   #391
Gomff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
1. It's not prejudice if one judges on merits and utility. This is a product that adds nothing to the market place. It's a waste of resources.

2. Is it wrong to hate products who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of a pop star at the expense of the environment. How does this faux camera make anyone's life easier, simpler, better? It's a POS. I hate it yes, but not without good reason. That's different that hating to hate or out of jealousy or wounded ego.
Criticize the product all you like....I've seen the interview on Engadget and personally it's not for me...But that's not the issue. It's the personal attacks and the mentality reminiscent of a pack of hyenas tearing away at a downed antelope.....Do you really want to be part of that?

I'm quite disgusted at what I've seen in this and the other thread. There's some seriously questionable vitriol at work here and it's just coming across as a load of entitled rich white kids piling in.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 PM   #392
Sardonick007
macrumors regular

I like the idea, and the coolness factor of a dock camera, but with all the quality DSLR's out today, this pricepoint better come WAY down before this is anything aside from novel fodder to the BEP fans. Also, no way I'm sporting a device with I AM on the front of it, don't care how much better it makes my camera phone. Finally, for the size of the thing, I can't see this much more than just another attempt by a celebrity at separating a fan from their money, and clearly not a very well thought out attempt at that.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:01 PM   #393
Gomff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream View Post
He should rebrand himself as i.****.you.not

----------

Lol wrong, but thanks for playing.

I bow to your superior wit and repartee skills.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:02 PM   #394
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

Almost 400 downvote posts and counting.

So, if MR is any representation of what will happen next, I'd say

Will.B.Out

his investment and any $$ spent.

Remarket as pet rocks?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:03 PM   #395
Sardonick007
macrumors regular

You dock you phone into our device and it turns you smartphone into a genius-phone.

All you iphone are belong to us.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:04 PM   #396
richard371
macrumors 65816

I'd like to add a 10th item to CNNs list and make it #1 on the list.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/28/tech/i...tml?hpt=hp_bn5
richard371 is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:04 PM   #397
Sayer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristIsLORD View Post
The subtle racism and smug willful ignorance of pop culture in these threads is both uncomfortable and annoying. I think the product in black is interesting and shows more of the iPhone's impact on design
What in the holy hell are you talking about?

Subtle racism? Because people see a crappy, severely overpriced and needlessly hyped iPhone accessory and point it out? I'm sorry, I didn't receive my monthly book of racial codewords and dog whistles from the RNC so I must have missed something /s.

How does some retro throwback camera phone case show the iPhone's impact on design *at all* exactly? This thing makes the iPhone utterly invisible and useless as a, you know, personal communicator, internet device, iPod.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:04 PM   #398
Gomff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambord View Post
I can't stand the people claiming "racism" simply because a black artist produced a crappy product. The only racist person is the person yelling "RACISM!!"

--

Beyond that, I defended will.i.am for investing his money and trying to come up with something innovative. Unfortunately he failed miserably. Both products are tremendously ugly and are about the stupidest ideas I could possibly imagine.
Check out all the personal attacks....What have they got to do with the product? Explain the nasty zeal to me....I've not seen anything like it.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:05 PM   #399
Truffy
macrumors 6502a

Now that s not too unattractive, if the performance could match the promise.

But you have to remember that behind that 'lens' lies the iPhoney pinhole camera. The image quality is always gonna suck.

Hey, Bill, stop tying to make a silk purse outta pig's ear. You got away with Fergie. Just quit while you're ahead, yo! (or whatever)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:09 PM   #400
Gomff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson View Post
Well said.

I had the outdated image of Apple/Mac users being cool, visionary hippy people.

Man that's long gone.

Today it's entitled iPhone people who walk around gabbing nonstop on their phones or texting like zombies, oblivious to people they're about to crash into and traffic around them as they arrogantly march into busy intersections without looking.

These are people who have never had an original idea in their heads their whole lives and rush to crush any inventiveness they perceive in others - unless that idea comes from the almighty Apple Inc.
Amen brother. Welcome to the Apple Consumer Plantation. Kindly plug in these nice white earbuds and leave your individuality at the door.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion