Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1
JustinOReilly
macrumors newbie

Xserve and Freenas

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using freenas with an xserve.

I have the xserve ethernet ports bonded together and that is all fine and dandy the same with my freenas box all the ports are bonded together in the switch and the config.

i am using global san to connect the iscsi target on the freenas box it goes well but a little while in it just stops transferring and the xserve and freenas box lose communication.

anyone have a solution to this or could give me some good advice
JustinOReilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
motorboating
macrumors newbie

Is there nothing interesting coming up in any logs on either device?

Have you tried unbonded connection? That hasn't ever worked well on Xserves in my experience.
motorboating is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
freenas, iscsi, storage