Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dizzay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
San Diego
I remember reading about a month ago not to update to 6.0.1 if you ever wanted to jailbreak iPhone 5 since they closed some holes.

However, with 6.1 around the conner I'm wondering if I should upgrade already or stay on 6.0 on the off chance this weekend is the one!

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
I have not heard of any news of a release. The A6 might be a bit tough.

But I would say, if you want to Jailbreak, don't update. If they release a JB, it would be released for 6.0 or 6.0.1. If they release it for 6.1, then you can always update to 6.1 then. If you update, then be prepared to do the wait game again for them to release a JB for 6.1. Hope this helps ;)

Dizzay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
San Diego
With 6.0.2 out today and 6.1 on Beta 4, I'm pretty sure they're going to wait till 6.1 final. Anyone else holding out still?

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I'm still on 6.0 on my iPhone 5.

I never looked up whether or not if 6.0.1 was safe for JB.

Now 6.0.2 is out.

Should I update to 6.0.1 before the signing window is closed? (Is it even open still???)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Was this back in like Oct? or beginning of Nov?

Might be different now to be honest

1 hour ago…

MuscleNerd
‏@MuscleNerd
Remember! JBers should always avoid updates (like 6.0.2 being offered to some devices today) to improve chances of using any future JB

djmac7

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2010
Is there any way to prevent updates from automatically downloading to the iphone? The software update on the phone indicates an update available, but i don't want to update. any way to delete?

Dee Ann

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
I just bought a brand new iPhone 5 from Verizon today.

It has iOS 6.0.1

The dude in the store was playing with it before he handed it to me and he started the update on it, I didn't know what he was doing till it was too late.

Now it has a message on it that it needs to update to 6.0.2 but the battery is below 50% and it can't update because of that.

I powered it down and did a full reset on it but it keeps telling me it's trying to update and the update failed because of low battery.

What can I do? I am afraid to let it update to 6.0.2 because I need to jailbreak this puppy ASAP.

I need my stuff like I had on my JB'd 3GS......

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.