Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Quick tangent...for those of you who have used these folio wallets styles, ie bookbook, pad n quill etc...is there much of a concern for the screen if you don't want to use a screen protector?

I realize if any abrasive got between it could scratch, but just the opposing card side?

kodath

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
The silent button is almost completely free, you can easily use it, i had no problems with that. Everyone knows that the leather stretches out a bit, with time. Im using it for almost a month now, and it still snug fit, which i personally really like.

I love this case so much, that i'm thinking about getting the same case, but in this colour:

Anyways, here are my pictures, sorry for the size.

Hi,

The case looks awesome! Just wondering how would I order this? I went on the website but it's in a different language? Also it shows the cost as 5900 EUROS?

Thanks!

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Hi,

The case looks awesome! Just wondering how would I order this? I went on the website but it's in a different language? Also it shows the cost as 5900 EUROS?

Thanks!

Yes, its a hungarin company, but you can change language on the top right corner, in the scroll down menu. The prices shows correctly for me, for instance, the thin series is 29 euros. Hope this helps...

kodath

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Yes, its a hungarin company, but you can change language on the top right corner, in the scroll down menu. The prices shows correctly for me, for instance, the thin series is 29 euros. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the fast reply, would you happen to know how much shipping cost to Canada? I tried paying with PayPal and it said it would cost $0.14 cents total, I did not proceed because I don't know if they would add a crazy amount for shipping afterwards.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Thanks for the fast reply, would you happen to know how much shipping cost to Canada? I tried paying with PayPal and it said it would cost $0.14 cents total, I did not proceed because I don't know if they would add a crazy amount for shipping afterwards.

I couldnt find the price for shipping to the U.S.

I suggest you to drop them an email.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
You should be able to view shipping in the final stages before you purchase the product.

jasonbaum

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
Arlington VA
Brussardo Wallet Two Weeks Of Use

I received and started using my Brussardo leather about two weeks ago.

The Good: very nice quality leather, stitching and snaps. Has room for a four or five pieces of plastic/license, as well as some cash... eight or nine bills as well as the iP5.

The Bad: there really isn't anything bad about the case whatsoever. It is more design preferences that prevent me from loving the case. There's no "clean" way to hold U.S.-sized currency for instance. The case is too short to put a bill in lengthwise. And when you fold a dollar in half and put it in one of the pouches it is just long enough to get tangled up in the crease.

I have found getting the phone out of the pouch when it is snapped can be a bit of a chore. Once I get it out, I typically put the wallet back in my pocket and then fail to put my phone back into the case and also putting it in my pocket. Much more often than not. And there have been a few times I have pulled out my phone and put my wallet on the table while I talked. Not a good habit to get into!

So after all this, I've decided I am better off with a separate phone case and wallet. Live and learn.

ski4gold

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
No, you don't. I supposed if you really really overstuff the wallet with say 6 cards, 10 bills, a stack of receipts then unsnapping the strap may help a bit. But that is being excessive. If you are one who hate thick wallets and tend to keep your wallet trim, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

meistervu, great OP on this sleeve. Thanks for the great detail. Couple quick questions...If I missed a post with answers to these question please send me the link!

1) Following up on the quoted post above, I envision keeping the sleeve in my pocket at all times (except when paying for things) and ONLY pulling out my phone from the sleeve to answer / play on my naked phone, then sliding back in my pants pocket when done. Do you use the same way and what is your experience doing so? Pretty easy to pull out and put back in one-handed? If the phone rings in the sleeve in your pocket, can you get to it quick-enough to answer?

2) Do you carry around in your front pocket? How bulky is it when you do?

Am torn between the AtelierPall case you posted and the DODOCase.

Thanks!

Last edited:

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
ski4gold,

1) Following up on the quoted post above, I envision keeping the sleeve in my pocket at all times (except when paying for things) and ONLY pulling out my phone from the sleeve to answer / play on my naked phone, then sliding back in my pants pocket when done. Do you use the same way and what is your experience doing so? Pretty easy to pull out and put back in one-handed? If the phone rings in the sleeve in your pocket, can you get to it quick-enough to answer?

Yes, that's how I use mine. I usually insert the phone into the sleeve so that the speaker end exposed so that way the rings are not muffled and I can use my headset for listening to music. When the phone rings, I can retrieve it pretty quick to answer. I have never missed a call due to the phone being in this wallet. It does however take a little more effort to remove the phone from this wallet than from my pocket: I can't do it one handed as it is now - I have to hold on to the wallet as I pull the phone from it. I suppose I could stretch the leather a bit more and make it possible to remove the phone one handed, but I like the snug fit for now. There is no chance the phone would accidentally falls out.

2) Do you carry around in your front pocket? How bulky is it when you do?

Yes I do. I don't think it's bulky at all: a bit thicker at the bottom, thinner at the top, and tapper at the corners. I am used to a Taxi wallet (look it up) which is more compact than a typical wallet, and this wallet is not any thicker than a Taxi wallet. As a matter of fact it's narrower than the Taxi wallet so it's more comfortable to keep in my front pocket. But I do share your concern when I ordered it. I wasn't sure whether it's too thick. For me it isn't and I think it's thinner than many wallets I have seen.

One thing that I didn't mention in any of my comments so far is how protective it is of the phone. In the worst case scenario if you drop the wallet with the top hitting the ground first, you still have 5mm of leather lips protecting the phone. In other scenarios, you phone is fully protected from all sides.

What's the one negative? compare to my old Taxi wallet, I have to fold my bills in half and unfold them to retrieve a bill. But that is a small price to pay to be able to carry all my cards and cash in a wallet along with a phone.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The silent button is almost completely free, you can easily use it, i had no problems with that. Everyone knows that the leather stretches out a bit, with time. Im using it for almost a month now, and it still snug fit, which i personally really like.

I love this case so much, that i'm thinking about getting the same case, but in this colour:

Anyways, here are my pictures, sorry for the size.

Do you have a link to purchase this black sleeve?

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
Mujjo leather sleeve

Has anyone in the US ordered the Mujjo leather sleeve? Mine shipped about a week ago and I was wondering how long it took. Tracking the shipment says "The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center Frankfurt on Nov 21, 2012 to be forwarded to United States of America."

Bluehinder

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
Can anyone comment on the pouch that they received from ikonic edge? I find the pouch to be quite a bit longer than the phone, whereas the iPhone4 pouch used to line up quite well.

My experience with IE has been horrible. My first case came ill fitting, too long, sloppy fit, too large. Their response was to send it back to New Zealand at my expense. After I balked at that, they said they would ship me a replacement. That was a month ago, I have never received anything. I'd pass on these guys.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Thanks, esfrost
Are you in the US and how long did it take to receive?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, im in Europe/Hungary, where they make theses cases, its a hungarian company, so the delivery was really fast, actually, one day only. I'd say i'd took 1-3 weeks for the package to get to the U.S.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Gotta say that I don't normally go for pouches for my iPhones - the only pouch I ever had was for my iPhone 4 and that was one from PDair (great case!!)

HOWEVER:eek:....!!!! Looking at this one (which a previous poster detailed above), I think I'm in love with this one : http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-duo-full-grain-black.html

The duo version looks like it does everything I would want from a pouch - dual sides for bank notes and credit cards with both sides fastened together with buttons.

I know someone posted some pics earlier but is there any chance of any more photos with the case in your hand (just to visualize how big the case is)?!!

jcutner

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
I have a switcheasy duo sleeve for my iPhone4 which I love - but damnit it all if sleeve cases aren't hard to find.

I ordered a SENA UltraSlim for my iPhone5 yesterday. Waiting game begins.

Just saw the atelier pall cases. Couldn't resist - ordered a Leather Sleeve in Charcoal Gray as well.

Last edited:

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Hmm, I'm now having trouble deciding between either this pouch:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354140299.328455.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354140312.519409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354140323.652644.jpg

...or this one ( which seems to be the best of both worlds as it also comes with a slim style cover for the phone itself):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354140386.500369.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354140398.007269.jpg

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
...or this one ( which seems to be the best of both worlds as it also comes with a slim style cover for the phone itself):

Sorry, what do you mean by "the best of both worlds" in reference to the zippered wallet made by Carri.

To me the two are very different, and likely appeal to different types of people. From my point of view:

Atelier Pall:
slim (probably about 1/2 the thickness of the Carri
old world hand made all leather construction
simple

Carri Zippered Wallet:
thick (twice the thickness of the Atelier Pall)
wider
can accommodate an iPhone with a case
machine sewn with cloth, zipper, leather

To me the Carri looks more like a purse than a wallet. It looks like something you could pick up from Target. The Atelier Pall looks like something than can be made last century.

If you were looking for a wallet/purse that can accommodate an iPhone 5 in the case, then Carri is probably your better choice. But if you are looking to carry a naked iPhone 5, a few cards(3,4,5), a few bills (6,8), like a really slim wallet, hate zippers, like high quality hand made leather crafts, then the Atelier Pall is your choice.

As for me, I can't get past the zipper look let alone the thickness. So the Carri is definitely not for me.

Last edited:

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Gotta say that I don't normally go for pouches for my iPhones - the only pouch I ever had was for my iPhone 4 and that was one from PDair (great case!!)

HOWEVER:eek:....!!!! Looking at this one (which a previous poster detailed above), I think I'm in love with this one : http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-duo-full-grain-black.html

The duo version looks like it does everything I would want from a pouch - dual sides for bank notes and credit cards with both sides fastened together with buttons.

I know someone posted some pics earlier but is there any chance of any more photos with the case in your hand (just to visualize how big the case is)?!!

Here are some photos of the wallet being held. The hand in the model wear gloves size small I believe. The wallet as pictured contained an iPhone 5, 3 cards, and 7 bills.

Attachments

• hold_front.JPG
    hold_front.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 207
  • hold_back.JPG
    hold_back.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 162
  • hold_top.JPG
    hold_top.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 138
  • hold_side.JPG
    hold_side.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 143

iPhonagain

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2009
Indy
Thanks for the pics meistervu, they are great!
Can't wait till mine arrives, hopefully a week & a half from now.......

That sweet Aetlier just looks better and better every time I see it!

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Here are some photos of the wallet being held. The hand in the model wear gloves size small I believe. The wallet as pictured contained an iPhone 5, 3 cards, and 7 bills.

Thanks for providing those pics - it certainly does look like a nice pouch. Just a quick question on this, however: does the pouch have any perforations at the bottom, for the speaker and mic of the phone? Also do you find it easy to pull the phone out to answer a call?

I'm toying with either going for the black duo or there is a brown suede one which looks pretty cool, however I can see the suede being worn with constant in and outing from a pocket!!

Bechmann

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2007
Denmark
I got my Atelier Pall last week, and I must say i'm really pleased with it. It has all the real-use benefits i was looking for in a case/wallet. The quality is very nice and you can tell it's handcrafted.

I asked on their Etsy store if they had a dark tan version of the case, and luckily they did. They just hadn't made it available in their store yet. I ended up buying the mono version in dark tan at a premium price of 5 additional USD.

I never carry more than 4 cards with me, and I never carry any bills, so the mono version is perfect for me. When i'm out and about I carry it in my jacket pocket, and when i'm at work I place it on my desk in front of me. If I don't have my jacket with me i can quite easily carry it in my pants pocket as well.

Shipping from Romania to Denmark was very fast. Shipped on monday, and to my surprise, got it on thursday.

I can snap a couple of photos if anyone would like too see anything in particular.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Just for those who were wondering, if you contact Atelier Pall about their duo pouch, they will custom make one to fit the iPhone with a case on it for an extra 10$ US. You just tell them the dimensions of the iPhone plus case. Still a really great price in my opinion. I almost ordered one myself which was why I was looking into it. Just contact them through Etsy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.