Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:19 PM   #176
2IS
macrumors 68020

Slightly bigger and nearly 2x bigger aren't really the same thing. Sure some people may jump on it, but I think it would by in large be a very niche product, like a Mac Pro.
2IS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:27 PM   #177
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
Feb 24 2012 is a Friday. No way they'll do a major announcement on a Friday.
1.they said launch, as in first day of sales

2. Apple does what Apple wants.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfahey View Post

It would be like a Chinese company coming to the USA and saying we want to limit your time off at Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Year so we can meet a deadline.
how is that different from all the retail stores putting up a vacation blackout from at least Black Friday to the day after Christmas, if not more
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:41 PM   #178
the8thark
macrumors 68040

I think it'll be done when it's done. If that happens to be Jobs's Birthday so be it but they won't be aiming for that.
the8thark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:43 PM   #179
Glideslope
macrumors 68030

Going to see a new 7" iPad before a 10"
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:00 PM   #180
damir00
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glideslope View Post
Going to see a new 7" iPad before a 10"
That would certainly be an interesting development...
damir00 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:27 PM   #181
oliversl
macrumors 6502a

11 month release cycle for iPad makes sense.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:49 AM   #182
ThunderSkunk
macrumors 68000

Lets see, new iPads, little iPads, big iPads, stevejobs bad, steve jobs good, america good, europe bad, europe good america good, hitler bad hitler good, hitler bad poster bad...

great thread everyone. Covered it all in 206 comments.

Since we're veering, happy amalgamated pantheistic winter solstice celebration! ...imported from egypt, scattered and mutated, sloppily reunited by the Ceasars and pinned on a drifting Dec 25th, then rebranded as part of the official Roman religion by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, spread by Constantines bloodthirsty soldiers for another 1200 years, until Pope Gregory sorted it out in his his "accurate enough" (if not a little shortsighted) Super Happy Friends Forever Calendar, which we still use today out of sheer complacency. It's been a long two days of dedicating feasts of abundance, gathering around a decorated tree, a symbol of life persevering through the cold dead winter, the midnight mass to celebrate the night after which days and light and warmth grow longer, the ordained giving of gifts to the poor and downtrodden, telling stories of St Nicholas/Santa Klaus, the magical elves of the north, and waiting for Odins 8 legged reindeer-pulled chariot to streak across the sky delivering sweet treats to the kids who left out sweets for his steed.... a wholesome, traditional, american "christmas".
ThunderSkunk is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:49 AM   #183
mattlol
macrumors member

ridiculously silly rumour, much like most of the content posted on this site.
mattlol is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:59 AM   #184
toondw
macrumors 6502

Well, been away from macroumors for a few months until the last few days and I see a normal post has been hijacked by folks having political auguments and auguments over food

And it used to be a usefull site!

Anyway, many people automatically just buy the next model in line regardless of release dates. You usually get a good resale price on apple products.

Oh wait, the last bit should have gone onto the "buy now or wait post" nevermind!
toondw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:52 AM   #185
Liquinn
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by toondw View Post
Well, been away from macroumors for a few months until the last few days and I see a normal post has been hijacked by folks having political auguments and auguments over food

Anyway, many people automatically just buy the next model in line regardless of release dates. You usually get a good resale price on apple products.

Oh wait, the last bit should have gone onto the "buy now or wait post" nevermind!
I want the iPad 3 but as soon as I buy it... the iPad 4 and then the iPad 5 rumor mill will start.

I don't want to let go of my original iPad 1 for some reason.

Do I really need the iPad 3 though? Well, it'd be nice to have the latest and greatest.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:29 PM   #186
MSM Hobbes
macrumors 6502

Don't sacrifice quality or performance for some target date. Would rather ensure that all works properly, consistently, over long term than having something come out early. So if it means an extra couple weeks / months, then so be it.
MSM Hobbes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:56 PM   #187
toondw
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
I want the iPad 3 but as soon as I buy it... the iPad 4 and then the iPad 5 rumor mill will start.

I don't want to let go of my original iPad 1 for some reason.

Do I really need the iPad 3 though? Well, it'd be nice to have the latest and greatest.
I just tend to upgrade each year regardless.....i sell my "older" model usually on ebay. A bit like buying a car then part ex-ing it every year.....works for me. I usually get a decent price so between buying the ipad and iphone updates i usually spend about 300 a year out of my own pocket, not bad really!
toondw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 05:38 PM   #188
azurehi
macrumors regular

I will be glad when it's all over...
azurehi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:16 PM   #189
rotarydialz
macrumors member

I hope this story isn't true. I don't want to see another Playbook or Touchpad type of product that could've been brilliant but ends up tarnishing the company's reputation. They just need to bring it to market when it is perfected. That would be the best way to honor Steve Jobs.
rotarydialz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:33 PM   #190
kiljoy616
macrumors 68000

Bring it on plenty of money in the bank and I am sure the iPad 2 well sell just fine

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarydialz View Post
I hope this story isn't true. I don't want to see another Playbook or Touchpad type of product that could've been brilliant but ends up tarnishing the company's reputation. They just need to bring it to market when it is perfected. That would be the best way to honor Steve Jobs.
Steve is gone but Apple is not going to bring out garbage unless they want their stock to drop like a rock. Any big mistake and people will freak.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSkunk View Post
Lets see, new iPads, little iPads, big iPads, stevejobs bad, steve jobs good, america good, europe bad, europe good america good, hitler bad hitler good, hitler bad poster bad...

great thread everyone. Covered it all in 206 comments.

Since we're veering, happy amalgamated pantheistic winter solstice celebration! ...imported from egypt, scattered and mutated, sloppily reunited by the Ceasars and pinned on a drifting Dec 25th, then rebranded as part of the official Roman religion by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, spread by Constantines bloodthirsty soldiers for another 1200 years, until Pope Gregory sorted it out in his his "accurate enough" (if not a little shortsighted) Super Happy Friends Forever Calendar, which we still use today out of sheer complacency. It's been a long two days of dedicating feasts of abundance, gathering around a decorated tree, a symbol of life persevering through the cold dead winter, the midnight mass to celebrate the night after which days and light and warmth grow longer, the ordained giving of gifts to the poor and downtrodden, telling stories of St Nicholas/Santa Klaus, the magical elves of the north, and waiting for Odins 8 legged reindeer-pulled chariot to streak across the sky delivering sweet treats to the kids who left out sweets for his steed.... a wholesome, traditional, american "christmas".
Krampus is coming to my home muhahahaha. He is way more fun with those whips.

Last edited by balamw; Dec 26, 2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: removed response to deleted political post.
kiljoy616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:06 PM   #191
balamw

Quote:

MOD NOTE: If you see a thread hijacked or deviating into political topics that belong in PRSI please report it.

The mods can't be everywhere, especially during the holidays. We go where users like you point us to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSkunk View Post
Since we're veering...
Let's not, and say we did.

B
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:07 PM   #192
mac jones
macrumors 68040

I don't see why people think that this is a silly rumor. It's not like he was an ordinary guy. ya know
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:01 PM   #193
jayabaluan
macrumors newbie

this would be a memory.... and s good thing waitin for that.........
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:46 PM   #194
richardmu
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I just tend to upgrade each year regardless.....i sell my "older" model usually on ebay. A bit like buying a car then part ex-ing it every year.....works for me. I usually get a decent price so between buying the ipad and iphone updates i usually spend about 300 a year out of my own pocket, not bad really!
Couldn't agree more. Exactly what I do and it works.

New models every year together with all the exitement of the launches and not a huge investment.
richardmu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:26 AM   #195
LarryC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
What you write is complete rubbish. First the difference that more than 99% of all the people who care about Steve Jobs are absolutely free to state their opinion of him, whatever it is (company employees are usually not allowed to say things that reflect negative on their company), while 99% of all the people who care about Kim Jong Il would be in deep trouble if they criticized him. Second, Steve Jobs actually made Apple a very successful and rich company, while Kim Jong Il was responsible for millions of people starving. Third, your opinion that "Steve Jobs is being deified" is complete and utter crap.
complete and utter crap eh, I guess you haven't seen this:

http://rt.com/s/tmp/i60a366bc775fda8...led-519674.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i60a366bc775fda859c7c6e7db077bf9d_untitled-519674.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	380357  

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion