Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
i know they delayed it, they shouldn't have though

What should they have done? Release a product that wasn't ready to go last month just to meet a date? Or are you suggesting that it was ready on time and that they have been just withholding it for kicks?

News flash. Pretty much every company has date slips for various reasons. Even Apple does.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I get wanting iTunes 11 but really, some people are getting absolutely nutty over it.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
then just upgrade your damn OS, sheesh

I could, but I have two reasons not to:

1. My system works well for me as it is, thank you.
  2. I have Windows XP on Bootcamp. From what I've read, Lion and ML require Win 7. I use XP to run Cakewalk SONAR 5 Producer, which is known to be unstable on Win 7. Granted, if the Lion/ML upgrade doesn't disturb the Bootcamp partition, this reason could be eliminated. However, if there's even the slightest risk that my current Bootcamp setup could get trashed, then OS upgrading is a no-go.

Ianbolton

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2005
I thought all Apple releases were hyped up and a pretty big deal. Everyone seems to be expecting the worst from the new iTunes. I doubt it'll be much different to what we have already to be honest.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
I know iTunes 11 won't come out this month, but honestly I realllllyyyyy want it to. you can't just tease an intuitive pretty interface and expect me to not give a ****. :p

izyreal

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
USA
iTunes Needs Tabs

Am I the only one that thinks that the iTunes store needs tabbed browsing? :confused:
When I shop online, I open a tab for each product that I am interested in and then slowly eliminate the tabs until I am left with the one product that I purchase. I want to be able to do the same sort of process on iTunes for my music and app shopping.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL

2. I have Windows XP on Bootcamp. From what I've read, Lion and ML require Win 7. I use XP to run Cakewalk SONAR 5 Producer, which is known to be unstable on Win 7. Granted, if the Lion/ML upgrade doesn't disturb the Bootcamp partition, this reason could be eliminated. However, if there's even the slightest risk that my current Bootcamp setup could get trashed, then OS upgrading is a no-go.

Upgrading to Mountain Lion will not affect your Windows partition. However, you will be unable to reinstall Windows XP through Boot Camp Assistant in the future.

gluckett

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
What should they have done? Release a product that wasn't ready to go last month just to meet a date? Or are you suggesting that it was ready on time and that they have been just withholding it for kicks?

News flash. Pretty much every company has date slips for various reasons. Even Apple does.

Thank you! I guarantee most people on here complaining that it is delayed would be the first ones on here complaining that it was released before it was ready if there were problems with it. Our company has been bitten by the "release it to make a date" and then the quality wasn't quite where it needed to be which caused a backlash from the customers.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
Thank you! I guarantee most people on here complaining that it is delayed would be the first ones on here complaining that it was released before it was ready if there were problems with it. Our company has been bitten by the "release it to make a date" and then the quality wasn't quite where it needed to be which caused a backlash from the customers.

I don't think it wasn't ready the first time. I think there are other things at play here.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
i don't think iTunes is that bad. all they did was add movies and Tv to it - big deal. you could say the amazon website is bloated because it sells alot of stuff.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦

Seems you want to have your cake and eat it too. You refuse to upgrade your OS but want the benefits that come with it (namely, forward compatibility)

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
then just upgrade your damn OS, sheesh

Why the hell would anyone want to upgrade from a good computer OS like SL to an iosx gimmick like lion or mountain lion.
People will remember Snow Leopard and Windows 7 as the last real computer operating systems before microsoft and apple decided to trash their products to cater to the gadget crowd.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Wouldn't iTunes already be available for download if it was going to be released today? Usually doesn't apple do midnight/ early morning releases?

apernett

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Originally Posted by charlituna
Opinion, not fact. I have a right to have and speak mine even if you disagree. But your disagreement doesn't give you the right to 'correct' me like I'm some six year old that 1+1=5

It's a fact. Apple killed it for a reason.

Maybe it killed Ping because Apple never knew what to do with the idea? As for me I loved the idea behind Ping. Don't be so absolutist in your opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.