Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:02 AM   #26
Yossia
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustahaque View Post
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. I am planning on buying the iPhone from Verizon. Can you activate the Verizon iPhone from Europe with out a Verizon service? With a european SIM?
Were you able to activate the phone without being on verizon's network?
Thanks!
I don't understand what do you mean by activate. Activate is the term used to start a plan with Verizon which you don't have to do.

If you refer to get the phone unlocked, my guess is that Verizon is unlocked from factory. I bought a AT&T iPhone 5 without contract and unlocked it by iTunes and then used international operator SIM.
Yossia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:40 PM   #27
SomeFlyGuy
macrumors newbie

So I bought an Verizon iPhone 5 on Craigslist. It has a clean ESN but its still linked to someone's account... So can I activate it with a tmobile SIM card? I don't have the Verizon SIM card since it didn't come with it.
SomeFlyGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:01 PM   #28
lyngo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFlyGuy View Post
So I bought an Verizon iPhone 5 on Craigslist. It has a clean ESN but its still linked to someone's account... So can I activate it with a tmobile SIM card? I don't have the Verizon SIM card since it didn't come with it.
You should be able too.
lyngo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone