Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
I have my iPhone 5 for a month or so and I was rocking naked since day one. Now, the black paint is comming off...and damn, it's sexy !
At first I was pissed off but now when I look at it I kinda like it.
Am I the only one here that thinks that it looks sexy ? It's unique, it's personalized :)

Yes, you're the only one.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
without pictures this thread is useless. i just wasted precious seconds of my life scrolling these pages

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
As promised, here are the pictures !
The worst is the bottom of the phone... on the side there is a scuff and on the top it's not that bad.
PS : zoom on that scuff on this side of the phone ! It's so ugly...:eek:

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 497
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 519
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 454

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
As promised, here are the pictures !
The worst is the bottom of the phone... on the side there is a scuff and on the top it's not that bad.
PS : zoom on that scuff on this side of the phone ! It's so ugly...:eek:

Sorry, is this supposed to be "Ugly" or "Sexy" as stated in you thread title.

I'm a bit confused. :confused:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Those pictures are hardly what I was expecting. I was hoping for something significantly more severe.

And sexy. I just see a phone that someone is actually using as a phone and not something that is about to be held at the Smithsonian. :D

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
A worn out phone is one that's not been looked after very well not a good looking phone.

If looked after an Iphone can look like it was new. Iphones are too expensive to not look after.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
I've had mine since launch day and it looks the same as when I received it. I never use cases but I'm careful with where I place it down. When it's in my pocket it's the only item in there.

I'm very happy with my black iPhone 5. :)

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I really can't believe that we have all gotten to the point where it's okay for a $700 phone to have an aluminum coating that scratches off so easily with normal, even careful, use. I love my Apple products. I have many, many of them. This particular issue is not a big problem for me because I like the white iPhone and iPad. But I think it is sad that Apple has released a black version that is so visually stunning but doesn't hold up better to normal use. I'm pretty much a fan girl but I do have expectations of excellence and attention to detail for all things Apple. I expect them to have better quality control and durability than their competitors. That is part of what has always set ApplE products apart and made them worth the premium pricing IMO.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I was expecting something closer to this Gizmodo pic... left dissapointed...:(

original.jpg

Last edited:
S

syd430

I really can't believe that we have all gotten to the point where it's okay for a $700 phone to have an aluminum coating that scratches off so easily with normal, even careful, use. I love my Apple products. I have many, many of them. This particular issue is not a big problem for me because I like the white iPhone and iPad. But I think it is sad that Apple has released a black version that is so visually stunning but doesn't hold up better to normal use. I'm pretty much a fan girl but I do have expectations of excellence and attention to detail for all things Apple. I expect them to have better quality control and durability than their competitors. That is part of what has always set ApplE products apart and made them worth the premium pricing IMO.

Your're on the wrong thread. The 30 other posters here, including me, were lusting to see a scratched up iPhone 5 because, well, it would probably look pretty bad ass. :D

Let me kindly refer you to the Black Scuffs thread, where will have better luck venting:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1445493/

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I was expecting something closer to this Gizmodo pic... left dissapointed...:(

That iPhone is destroyed, not wear out.

I do not understand why you complain about my Thread.
I told you my phone isn't shatterd or destroyed. It's just wear out...the black paint is comming off. Thats it !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.